Eurotwat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurotwat

Corluka - returning with the visible bandage on. An easy 4 points.

Comment

Eurotwat

matt j wrote: Corluka - returning with the visible bandage on. An easy 4 points.
      -

-

(As a GIF, it may need to be viewed in a GIF-friendly browser for best effect. Original to be found here.)

Comment

Eurotwat

Looks like my long-shot gamble that Diego Costa might be drafted in as a late injury replacement hasn't come off, be interesting to see if Nolito can make a contribution in his own right to the MF Dons.

Has anyone tried psychologically undermining their chosen twatballers by contacting them on twitter with either abuse or more nuanced malevolence designed to exploit and aggravate known vulnerabilities and neuroses?

Comment

Eurotwat

It's amazing the sense of injustice you can feel in fantasy games where you ostensibly don't care what happens:

how the hell did Skrtel stay on the pitch?! 12 points is nice but he could have hit the jackpot.

In fantasy I felt the same when I found out that Sommer gets no extra points for saves in this UEFA version. Gah.

Comment

Eurotwat

Don't want to be like some twat always chirping in the ref's ear the whole game on this thread, but I'd have thought Ronaldo's outburst against the Iceys deserves some bonus points?

(I don't have Ronaldo, but I think those who took the gamble on him deserve some reward for their perspicacity)

Comment

Eurotwat

It's showing as the standard 2 points at the moment, which I think is for throwing away a lead, but perhaps their panel will add some on later.

I'm a comfortable joint 9th in OTF league, thanks to an unexpected 10 point showing from Eder (ITA). Both Busquets and Ramos drew a surprising blank though.

Comment

Eurotwat

I was most disappointed that every time Nani was writhing around on the ground it turned out from the replays that he'd been legitimately fouled. Still, plenty of time yet for Portuguese histrionics - their exit always seems to be marked with a highly entertaining mass tantrum.

Agree that Ronaldo deserves some extra points for grade A twattery during and after last night's game. In fact I bet he's being a prize twat at this very second.

Comment

Eurotwat

I'm struggling near the bottom, several of mine haven't even played, which is my fault for not paying attention to international football for a couple of years. And there's a place effectively wasted with my Diego Costa long-shot.

Comment

Eurotwat

jwdidier27 wrote: It's showing as the standard 2 points at the moment, which I think is for throwing away a lead
                    It's for conceding a goal.

Comment

Eurotwat

In fairness, they really could have had a 'being Cristiano Ronaldo' category, similar to their Diego Costa one. What an utter, utter bell-end he proved himself to be in front of the world yesterday.

Comment

Eurotwat

imp wrote: Agree that Ronaldo deserves some extra points for grade A twattery during and after last night's game. In fact I bet he's being a prize twat at this very second.
                        He's about to get a prize twatting!

(If only, eh?)

Comment

Eurotwat

Disappointed: I would have thought Ramos, Bruno Alves and Pepe would have had a greater combined score than just 2 points by now, but hey ho - the managers' selections play a huge part in this, too.

Comment

Eurotwat

Be patient, evilC, real twats often take a few games to get into their full twattish stride over the course of a tournament. There's just no way that Ramos, for example, will avoid behaving like the full-on twat that he is over the course of several games. Oh, and thanks for the Björk link - beautiful.

Comment

Eurotwat

The Björk link is indeed magnificent, and I am fully expecting my Spanish and Portuguese contingent to pay off only in the knockout phase, when the 1.5 bonus factor is at play.

My hope was that until then, the Irish, Swiss and Northern Irish representation would leak a crazy amount of goals, but they're clearly not twatty enough.

Comment

Eurotwat

Mouton D wrote: ...and I am fully expecting my Spanish and Portuguese contingent to pay off only in the knockout phase, when the 1.5 bonus factor is at play.
                                Although I have to be honest and admit that the bias in my selection toward players on teams who will make the knockout rounds was entirely accidental, I was very happy once I realised that those latter stages do indeed count for more. Thus, I'm expecting a late surge up the table, even if I think top spot is already out of reach.

(If N.I. do indeed go further, then Baird - one of my players who I wasn't expecting much from - may yet pay dividends.)

Comment

Eurotwat

Corluka returning to the field of play with head bandage = Twatball points!

Comment

Eurotwat

Has the site gone down?

Comment

Eurotwat

Helps if you use the right url...

Comment

Eurotwat

Croatia players currently top all four positional categories in terms of points accrued. Classy! Impressive!

Comment

Eurotwat

Oh for fucks sake, settling into an Aston Villa like residency at the bottom of the table now, a goal from that fucker Nolito, and my main man, my MVP, my banker, Volkan Sen, not even on the pitch. If Mousa Dembele doesn't play for Belgium tomorrow, get sent off, then drive back on the pitch in a ford fiesta triying to run over the referee, then I'll never catch up with the pack.

Comment

Eurotwat

Yeah, Croatia today is like when there's a breakaway on a tour de france stage which finishes so far ahead that it completely alters the overall classification.

Comment

Eurotwat

I don't know how robust the record keeping is, but is Domagoj Vida's 38 points a record twatball points haul for one player in a single game?

Comment

Eurotwat

Who is cota?

Comment

Eurotwat

gérontophile wrote: Who is cota?
                                                  That would be me! Inspired choosing of the Croatian goalie has kept me up there, however I suspect the knockout stage will be a different matter, as half of my cloggers may have gone home.

Comment

Eurotwat

gérontophile wrote: Who is cota?
                                                    I'm [strike]Spartacus[/strike] Cota!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X