Eurotwat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurotwat

Does Marouane Fellaini dying his hair blonde earn him any points?
    Only if he accessorises it properly.

Comment

Eurotwat

This is hard, this year, with no Holland. Half their team used to pick themselves.

Comment

Eurotwat

My selection is pretty much random. ANd I've already had third and fourth thoughs about some of these.

Iker Casillas (ESP)

Dier (ENG) Škrtel (SVK) Djourou (SUI) Alves (POR) Pepe (POR)

Pogba (FRA) Chipciu (ROM) Fellaini (BEL) Whelan (IRL)

Gera (HUN)

Comment

Eurotwat

Levin wrote: My selection is pretty much random.
          Perish the thought!

BTW, I missed seeing Les Blancs last week due to an eye infection, which was annoying.

Comment

Eurotwat

Les Toits are in. I noticed the points for diving to win stuff so I went for Raheem Sterling. If he doesnt dive to win us a pen he's a shoe-in for selfie stick points.

Comment

Eurotwat

Might be an idea to load up on practising muslims (I've got three, I think, across the midfield), in the hope that Ramadan fasting in midsummer leads to poor form and tetchiness.

Obviously, crass religious stereotyping and discredited Victorian era racial science are positively to be encouraged as criteria for selecting twatballers.

Comment

Eurotwat

N est ā? wrote: Might be an idea to load up on practising muslims (I've got three, I think, across the midfield), in the hope that Ramadan fasting in midsummer leads to poor form and tetchiness.

Obviously, crass religious stereotyping and discredited Victorian era racial science are positively to be encouraged as criteria for selecting twatballers.
                If they happen to read this board - and thread - then their tetchiness will probably have just been ramped up a notch, certainly.

I'm relying on phrenology, myself.

Comment

Eurotwat

Strathcarnage Twats are on board:

G: Neuer

D: Alves, Baird, Pepe, Ramos, Skrtel

M: Alli, Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Wilshere

F: Rooney

I'd like to think that's quite a strong squad, in twat terms.

However, I'm torn to have to cut Marko Arnautovic, Akos Elek and Yevchen Khacheridi. I may regret the latter two, in particular.

BTW - I couldn't decide who to pick as goalie, so I went for Neuer, simply on the basis that he's one of the goalies most likely to pick up yellow cards for time-wasting. With England going out at the group stage after three draws, we will have been playing hurry-up for a lot of the time, conversely.

(edit 1: I was a bit miffed that they've misspelt Wilshere's surname. He was the very first person I searched for, but soon gave up, thinking the game was fucked. However, when I saw the full England squad, the reason for his elusiveness became clear!)

(edit 2: I chose Rooney on the basis of him being the forward most convinced he's a defender.)

(edit 3: The full list of players is here, where you can check on their points totals (once the game has started) and - for now - how many people have currently chosen them. From my own selection, the popular Pepe is way out in front, with 143 selections, but I'm surprised that I'm one of only two people to have selected Schneiderlin, given that he is one of the 20 dirtiest Premier League players over the last 5 years.)

Comment

Eurotwat

Having started the thread, shamefully I haven't sorted my team. Does your old login work?

Comment

Eurotwat

I'd recommend perusing some published journals of Victorian travellers through the Balkans before committing.

"the Albanian, generous natured and not quick to anger, nevertheless makes for an fierce and implacable enemy once offended. The women of the country are industrious and not ill-favoured..."

Comment

Eurotwat

My lot:

Pyatov (Ukraine)

Cahill (Ingerland)
                        Durica (Slovakia)
                        Agolli (Albania)
                        Djourou (Switzerland)
                        Evra (France)

Inan (Turkey)
                        Baumgartlinger (Switzerland)
                        Wernbloom (Sweden)

Nani (Portugal)
                        Zlatan (Omnipotent)

Comment

Eurotwat

Kyle Lafferty yesterday.

Comment

Eurotwat

gérontophile wrote: My lot:

Pyatov (Ukraine)
                            -

Comment

Eurotwat

Also, the kick off times on the fixture list seem to be set to Greenlandic time. (UTC-2)

Comment

Eurotwat

Right. I have to sort this tonight.

Comment

Eurotwat

The French Mistake are IN.

Comment

Eurotwat

gérontophile wrote: Kyle Lafferty yesterday.
                                    2009 was yesterday?

Apart from feigning injury to get opponent sent off, the big man's resume includes:

- shagging the chairman's daughter in every port from Sicily to the Caspian during his recent loan tour

- managing more Miss Scotlands than EPL games this term

- being replaced as NI strike spearhead by a succession of part-time fat lads from the Irish Leagues

- pointlessly smacking some diving Portuguese as we blew a goal lead with an extra man

Comment

Eurotwat

I've realised that you can't edit your team once submitted.

Balls.

Comment

Eurotwat

Ditto. I got my Romanian anklebiters mixed up.

Comment

Eurotwat

I'm in, as a novice, but haven't quite sorted my team yet. Or its name.

EDIT: Bande de cons ā part (formerly known as Agricultural Challenge FC). Some shots in the dark, here- couldn't resist a Basha in midfield though.

Roy Carroll Northern Ireland (0)

Sergio Ramos Spain (0) Martin Škrtel Slovakia (0) Pepe Portugal (0)

Dele Alli England (0) Migjen Basha Albania (0) Mihai Pintilii Romania (0) Kim Källström Sweden (0)

Kyle Lafferty Northern Ireland (0) Wayne Rooney England (0) Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal (0)

Comment

Eurotwat

Early points for David de Gea

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/david-de-gea-accusations-euro-2016-spain-squad-sent-home-manchester-united-news-a7074711.html

Comment

Eurotwat

Dunkerque- Gare de Nord wrote: Ditto. I got my Romanian anklebiters mixed up.
                                              Yes.

This.

(Also to the good Mr Gymshorts)

Comment

Eurotwat

So annoyed I didn't pick Patrice Evra, now. He was an obvious choice.

Comment

Eurotwat

Ditto.

Comment

Eurotwat

So. Cota out in front early doors, but it's still all to twat for.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X