Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurotwat

ad hoc wrote:
    Nieuwegein Kneebiters are currently selecting their squad, and agonizing over which goalkeepers to select. If only some of those minnows would have a clear first-choice keeper, I'd know what to do...
    (cough) the betrousered klutz that is Gabor Kiraly will almost certainly play in every game for Hungary. I'd recommend him (indeed I have selected him for my team)
    I had considered him, but I'm rather afraid that Hungary's opponents are just strong enough to eliminate them in the first round, but only by very small scorelines. I'd really rather go for a minnow with bigger opponents.

But then, in the interest of fun, I wanted to have team members from all groups, so the argument went overboard and I ended up with the following conservative lineup for Nieuwegein Kneebiters (only three members of Matt's magic quartet):

Sommer (Sui,A)
    Ramos (Spa,D) Skrtel (Svk,B) Alves (Por,F) Pepe (Por,F) O'Shea (Ire,E)
    Busquets (Spa, D) Witsel (Bel,E) Whelan (Ire,E)
    Lafferty (NI,C) Keane (Ire,E)

Comment

Eurotwat

Kevchenkeau wrote: I avoided Ramos on the basis that he seems to be invisble to referees. Though perhaps it's only his Real Madrid shirt that has that effect.
      He picked up quite a few bookings in qualifying, so I'm taking the risk. If Spain win the tournament, I don't think it will have been worth it though.

Comment

Eurotwat

Rui Patricio (POR)

Dier (ENG) Glik (POL) Pepe (POR) Fedetskiy (UKR) Skrtel (SVK)

Whelan (IRL) Kallstrom (SWE) Kucka (SVK) Pintilii (ROM)

Gera (HUN)

Comment

Eurotwat

Oooh, another Kucka, Pintilii, Kallstrom trio. Popular.

Comment

Eurotwat

Mouton D wrote:
            Witsel (Bel,E)
            (Oh god, that broken leg. THAT BROKEN LEG!!)

Comment

Eurotwat

Kevchenkeau wrote: Oooh, another Kucka, Pintilii, Kallstrom trio. Popular.
              Did I select my team mostly by looking at the disciplinary record of players from qualifying?

Yes, it's possible that I did.

Comment

Eurotwat

Heh, ditto.

Comment

Eurotwat

Dunno if Mousa Dembele is likely to feature much for Belgium, but you have to give strong consideration to a guy that can out-cunt Diego Costa.

Comment

Eurotwat

I mean, fuck, that's like nutmegging Messi, or muscling Akinfenwa off the ball.

Comment

Eurotwat

Also tempted by Simon Church of Wales and MK Dons, just in case the admin decides to award bonus points for his club.

Comment

Eurotwat

There is a big bonus for "being Diego Costa", but nothing about belonging to a particular club.

Comment

Eurotwat

So, the trick might be to pick a Spanish striker, who then gets injured before the first game, replaced by Costa (emergency replacements allowed up to 24 hours before first game), which if I've read the rules right will see Costa automatically slotted into the twatball team, and an enviable 50 points head start.

Comment

Eurotwat

“Nolito, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. No-lee-to: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. No. Lee. To. He was No, plain No, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. He was Nola in slacks. He was Manu at school. He was Manuel on the dotted line. But in my arms He was always Nolito."

Comment

Eurotwat

And Forge Albion are on board!

Gábor Király Hungary (0)

Patrice Evra France (0) Bruno Alves Portugal (0) Pepe Portugal (0) Toby Alderweireld Belgium (0)

Joe Allen Wales (0) Mousa Dembele Belgium (0) Marouane Fellaini Belgium (0)

Thomas Müller Germany (0) Wayne Rooney England (0) Robbie Keane Ireland (0)

Comment

Eurotwat

Ah. No Fellaini!

Oh well.

Comment

Eurotwat

Is this open to managers/ coaches or just players?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...alnd-euro-2016

Comment

Eurotwat

I'm in

Rui Patricio (Por)
                                    Klein (Ost), RAMOS (Esp), Keogh (Ire), Evra (Fra)
                                    Özyakup (Tur), Busquets (Esp), Xhaka (Sui)
                                    Alli (Eng), Hazard (Bel)
                                    Eder (Ita)

Not sure if Rat-Salauds (Rat bastards) is good French, but I like it.

Comment

Eurotwat

Am I the only one with James McClean in my team?

Comment

Eurotwat

I was thinking of him, but I already had doubled up on Portugal and Slovakia, and didn't want two do it again with Whelan already in.

Comment

Eurotwat

Well I doubled up with McGeady, just for being crap.

I do have Ronaldo as my wildcard, banking on him failing to deliver, and hoping they add a bonus for self-indulgence / crying on elimination.

Comment

Eurotwat

Le Coq's poor teeth are in with an ultra defensive 6-3-1 formation.

Comment

Eurotwat

Jean-Paul Bellendo's Invitation XI:

Carroll (NI)
                                              Limbersky (CZE) Ramos (ESP) Djourou (SUI) Pepe (POR)
                                              Garmash (UKR) Alli (ENG) Glushkov (RUS) McCarthy (ROI)
                                              Yilmaz (TUR) Ibrahimovic (SWE)

With apologies to Roy C., who doesn't seem that much of a twat.

Comment

Eurotwat

Think I've picked Bruno Alves for every one of these I've done.

Comment

Eurotwat

Does Marouane Fellaini dying his hair blonde earn him any points?

Comment

Eurotwat

I was wondering that, even if not, I regret not picking him, he's clearly in fine twat fettle going into the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X