Top goalscorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top goalscorer

I'm no betting man, as you can probably tell from this question, but why are the likes of Gomez, Ronaldo et al (those with 3 goals) still at 8/1 say (with Ladbrokes) to be top goalscorer? The only player likely to move beyond them is Balotelli (who is obviously now favourite), but do those odds really reflect how likely he is to score in the final? (I must be missing something.)

Top goalscorer

Torres and Fabregas have got a bit of an outside chance, I suppose.

Comment

Top goalscorer

What happens if it's a x-way tie at 3 goals? Is one person named?

Comment

Top goalscorer

Are they really at 8/1 despite being the current top scorers with one game to play? Is that right? Sounds like free money to me.

Comment

Top goalscorer

Not really, because dead heat rules will apply, so the odds gets divided by the number of winners, so in this case any of the five leaders would pay out at 8/5. But if Balotelli scores one, it's not free money.

Although I'm tempted to find an free bet somewhere to stick on Dzagoev, just in case.

Comment

Top goalscorer

Ah, I see - the dead heat rules explain it. I didn't know about them.

Comment

Top goalscorer

According to this - http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2012/35561.php - assists are used as a tie-breaker, and Gomez is ahead with 1. That applies to the Golden Boot, though, not necessarily a bookmaker's definition of the top scorer.

Comment

Working...
              X