Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone but Portugal

To balance up, we need this one.

Cristiano Ronaldo is clearly a towering talent, and a superb player, but he's still a fucking cheat. And so's Nani.

I don't want Portugal to win, nor even reach the final again, just for those reasons. Or if they do, I want them to lose, horribly, with Ronaldo, ideally, missing a penalty like he did in Moscow. I realise I may be alone in those sentiments.

Anyone but Portugal

I think so. I want Nani to curb himself but Ronaldo is having a great tournament (now he has taken my advice in using his left foot)

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

I stick to my prediction, Portugal will win it, and I hope they make Tiki-Taka look like ancient bullshit.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Yeah, we get it, PPV

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Bored of Education wrote: Yeah, we get it, PPV
          Alright, am bored with this shit anyway

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Rogin Chorzow wrote: Cristiano Ronaldo is clearly a towering talent, and a superb player, but he's still a fucking cheat. And so's Nani.
            So are most of the Spanish team.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

I haven't liked Portugal's team for at least a decade but I've warmed a bit to them this time round. They're much less negative and niggly than they've been for a while and I enjoyed their performance against Holland more than I've enjoyed anything from anyone else in this tournament outside of Germany's games.

I still don't want them to win it or anything but they're not the snivelling, snidey, petulant anti-heroes of the past two World Cups.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Jimbags wrote:
                Originally posted by Rogin Chorzow
                Cristiano Ronaldo is clearly a towering talent, and a superb player, but he's still a fucking cheat. And so's Nani.
                So are most of the Spanish team.
                I think you'll find that none of the Sanish team are Nani.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Dunno, G-man.

A number of them are quite short . . .

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:
                    Originally posted by Bored of Education
                    Yeah, we get it, PPV
                    Fuck, you are?
                    You've guaranteed eternal badminding from at least one poster for anything Croatia ever do again, sporting or otherwise.

Rogin's just miffed that Carragher didn't actually amputate Nani's leg last season.

I hope the eventual tournament winner emerges from this semi-final.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Calvert W. McCutcheon wrote:
                      Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis
                      Originally posted by Bored of Education
                      Yeah, we get it, PPV
                      Fuck, you are?
                      You've guaranteed eternal badminding from at least one poster for anything Croatia ever do again, sporting or otherwise.

Rogin's just miffed that Carragher didn't actually amputate Nani's leg last season.

I hope the eventual tournament winner emerges from this semi-final.
                      fuck i am.
                      bye

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

While thinking that Portugal have grown into this tournament, it's actually been a bit of a mixed bag so far.

They were dour and stodgy against Germany, they looked needlessly fragile against Denmark and in some ways they got a little lucky that the Dutch decided to play a stupid formation that allowed Ronaldo all the time and space he needed to show what he had struggled to do before.

They were the poorer team in the first half against a very weak Czech team and while better in the second, they hardly came through as comfortably as they should.

Spain for me I think.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

I find the idea that Portugal were "the poorer side in the first half" against the Czechs very bizarre.

They may not have begun to dominate the game until near end of the half (and that dominance grew after half time) but by all stats I can find (possession, territory, attempts, attempts on target, passes in the final third) they were comfortably ahead if the Czechs at the break.

In fact I think the Czechs made about two or three breaks in one five minute period that were there only attacks of note at all.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Agreed Rogin. The Czechs had a great opening 15 minutes, but Portugal adapted quickly and from then on in dominated the game. It took them a long time to get past a 9 man defence, but they did it because of their excellence.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Hey, are you calling me Rogin?!

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

You Welsh and West Country folk all look the same to us...

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

I realise I may be alone in those sentiments.
                                  You're not.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

I find the idea that Portugal were "the poorer side in the first half" against the Czechs very bizarre.

They may not have begun to dominate the game until near end of the half (and that dominance grew after half time) but by all stats I can find (possession, territory, attempts, attempts on goal, passes in the final third) they were comfortably ahead if the Czechs at the break.

In fact I think the Czechs made about two or three breaks in one five minute period that were there only attacks of note at all.
                                    The Czechs were never dangerous, but in the first half they defended with ease, their passing was a lot crisper and sharper than the stodgy Portuguese and they had some exciting surges into something approximating good attacking positions through players like Jiracek.

Portugal were undoubtedly a much better team but it took them long enough to realise this. Similar to the Dutch game, their opponents led 1-0 and dominated the opening 20 minutes before Portugal realised how rubbish their set-up was and took over.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

hobbes wrote:
                                      I realise I may be alone in those sentiments.
                                      You're not.
                                      Thirded. ABP, please.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Portuguese cheating is chaotic and blatantly obvious. The ultra-systematic Spanish cheating is quietly efficient and was refined by cheating scientists at the Advanced Research Centre for Stealth Cheating at the University of Cheating in Madrid.

Comment

Anyone but Portugal

Portuguese cheating is chaotic and blatantly obvious. The ultra-systematic Spanish cheating is quietly efficient and was refined by cheating scientists at the Advanced Research Centre for Stealth Cheating at the University of Cheating in Madrid.
                                          You've got that all wrong. German cheating is efficient. Spanish cheating is oily, Italian cheating is cowardly and Japanese cheating is inscrutable.

English cheating like, I don't know, Ashley Young's is brave

Comment

Working...
                                          X