Steven Gerrard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Gerrard

I don't follow the Premier League regularly, but I've always thought Gerrard's ideal position is defensive midfield. I've been led to think by people on this board that, like other English internationals of his era, he can't tackle, but I thought some of his interception tackling at this tournament was briliant. His ability to switch play with accurate passes covering the width of the pitch was also excellent.

It's a real shame, because he's probably only got another two or three years left. So what went wrong?

Steven Gerrard

I thought last night was his worse game this Euros; but generally he has tried to control his usual urges to range about the pitch like a man posssesed.
    In the group games he was very good, and the crosses he can deliver are quite frightening.
    However, he was seriously overworked last night, and showed it.

I think if he is used correctly, and beds into this "new" role he could actually be around in 2014; but it depends how he keeps up physically.
    However the days of rampaging Stevie G could, and should be behind him.
    So no to building a team around him; but he could support a team surrounding a better player (ie a ball playing, possesion creating maestro)- now if we could only find that player....

Comment

Steven Gerrard

I don't think he'll be around in 2014. He looked absolutely fucked last night. So did Parker.

Comment

Working...
      X