The First All-Time Great Moment of this Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirlo's penalty. I doubt there will be another piece of incredible skill and balls this tournament that we'll remember as much.

Neuer would have saved that penalty:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/first-succeed-andrea-pirlo-missed-panenka-penalty-barcelonaac-milan-aug-24-2010/

Comment

For me, the greatest piece of individual skill came from Modric against Spain. It had everything: skill, vision, timing, perfect movement and execution.

Comment

Neuer is the German Paul Robinson.

Comment

Bryaniek wrote: Neuer is the German Paul Robinson.
          ?

Comment

Defensive minded wrote:
            Originally posted by Bryaniek
            Neuer is the German Paul Robinson.
            ?
            Don't it make you feel good?

Comment

Ah, I thought Bryan meant the goalkeeper called Paul Robionson.

My post wasn't actually about Neuer. It was about the extensive database Germany have on all the other teams and players, hence Neuer would have known that Pirlo might do that trick.

Comment

Defensive minded wrote: Ah, I thought Bryan meant the goalkeeper called Paul Robionson.
                I'm sure he was, but I took the opportunity to link us up to that excellent song.

Comment

Pirlo's penalty didn't even register on the Balotellis2ndScale for me.

That goal literally sucked every square millimeter of oxygen out of my lungs. One of those goals that I wondered if it actually happened, and wondered why no one was celebrating because it certainly looked like it was in the net but no one was really moving or reacting, like it had gone out for a goal kick. Then the shirt came off.

Comment

Plus, I was sitting behind the goal for this one against England, which was the 5th kick that needed to be made to tie it and not lose the game. Bigger balls, that.

Comment

Vassell was another one of those England pen takers who never looked confident that he was gonna score. That year's Ashley Young or Gareth Southgate.

Comment

The All-Time Great Moment of this Year was when most of the Italian team were crying like little girls after getting their flashy blue asses served in the most crushing defeat in the history of football.

Comment

Working...
                        X