QF3 with a clever title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QF3 with a clever title

So far I am the only person, I think, to predict France to win this in Sean's prediction game, but I reckon France have the firepower to get behind Spain and score, and I just don't see Spain scoring that many goals ever at the moment (OK they did against Ireland, but, well, you know)

QF3 with a clever title

Also France have already played in Donetsk twice, and I reckon that will make a difference

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

I would love if if they did, but France have looked really uninspiring so far.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

On paper, France can definitely do it, but I'm a bit worried about team cohesion after reports of locker room scuffles following the Sweden loss, especially against an opponent like Spain.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

England exposed their defence despite mounting very few attacks. Sweden scored twice. I think Spain will hit a brick wall eventually but it's not France.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Difficult to see many goals in this one tonight, although I'm really looking forward to it nonetheless.

I've said this before in this tournament, but this looks like it has the potential to be the first 0-0 draw. I think it will be 1-0 one way or the other, though, and I think there's more chance of it going France's way than the bookie's odds would have us believe (they're currently 5.3 on Betfair).

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

As it says on a popular t-shirt in my parts..."Je supporte la Suisse et n'importe quelle equipe qui joue contre la France"...I was ABF before I was ABE...

Vamos!

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Maybe you should wait until most of the post-Hollande capital flight across the border into Geneva is done before you put it on.

Nasri is out of the lineup. This is very poor tactical choice by Blanc, who is putting a defensive team with Réveillère in Debuchy's spot and the latter in the midfield along with MVilla, Cabaye and Malouda. Could have been a disciplinary move. Diarra hasn't played well against Sweden but he was excellent in the earlier games, while Malouda has floundered.

France's strength is up front, and Nasri has done a good job at linking up with the forwards while providing a good scoring threat. A defensive scheme with this roster is a very poor option against a team like Spain. I'd be shocked if we win; it could actually get ugly, 2-0/3-1 or even 3-0. Blanc is a good leader but he's proving to be tactically limited.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

So one striker on the field and he drops back into midfield all the time. I can't see this being a classic somehow.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Ah fuck, Jamie Carragher's on the panel. Mute button on until kick-off then.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

All French players with their arms around each others shoulders in a show of unity during the anthem, both on the field and on the bench. All except Nasri that is.

Drop your best player in possession of the ball against the kings of possession football. Makes no sense to me.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

France playing in all white.

This has to stop.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Could do with an early goal, this game.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

France are trying to outdo Ireland's performance against Spain in being piss-poor in possession.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

This is starting to get bogged down in midfield. France are losing the ball too easy, while Spain are happy to just pass it around until they manage to break through.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Ref's set his stall out. No cheap free kicks here.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Spain looking like it's their first game on Pro Evolution Soccer with the pass assistance switched off. Very odd.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Taylor wrote: Could do with an early goal, this game.
                                    Could do with a French goal. Fat chance of that happening the way they've set themselves up. And they have the gall to question England's tactics.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

I like Ribery, and that's about it in France.
                                      I really like Xavi and Iniesta in Spain, but that's about it.

I really have grown unfond of the Tiki-Taka, like seven year old kids with a magnifying glass discovering how to torture and murder ants with a narrow beam chasing the insects, it was amazing at first, but morbid and disturbing now. I want the glass to be shattered.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Or the Gaul.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

or De Gaulle

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

This has been the least enjoyable fifteen minutes' football of the tournament so far, for me.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Fabregas since he left Arsenal is probably the greatest waste of midfield talent in the history of football.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Game over.

Comment

QF3 with a clever title

Get in. First time behind the French defence and they score. Blanc is going to look a right tit.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X