Night off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night off

I, for one, am relieved. Since I embraced village life and fatherhood, my bedtime has hovered around 10, with the occasional foray towards 11 on big nights. This tournament has not allowed me to go to bed before midnight for 12 nights in a row. I need some sleep. The cows start walking down the road, bells-a-clanging, at 6am.

Night off

I'm irritated. It just happens to be the only night this week when I have no prior commitments. The last game I saw in full was Czech Rep-Poland, the next chance I've got will be the first semi-final...

Comment

Night off

Time to catch up on some FM2012.

Comment

Night off

Morning off for me. These 4.45am starts are a killer. I'd make a terrible farmer. I don't like getting cow shit on my jeans, for example.

Comment

Night off

I made the stupid mistake of drinking well over a litre of cheap vinho da casa whilst watching last night's game. Never again, there's a good reason why beer is the drink of choice when watching football.

I really need the night off.

Comment

Night off

Going to go for a walk today at lunch, which I haven't done for a long time now.

Comment

Night off

Going to the cinema with the wife tognight.

Comment

Night off

I'm going to write my CV - if you want me to work for you, now is the right time to ask - send a couple of emails, play a game or two in the garden with my cat and perhaps write something that isn't anything to do with Euro 2012. It is a beautiful day down here today.

Comment

Night off

I'm skulking around my room. I have things to do, but I'm not prepared to abandon my skulk unfinished.

Comment

Night off

Got a backlog of Pointless to get through.

Comment

Night off

There's a good chance I'll be removing manky old sealant from the bottom of the shower tray. Got the main strips out but there's a fair bit clinging on. Wire wool and acetone's the plan. Then, once that's all clean and dry, new sealant.

Rock and roll.

Comment

Night off

I'm off to see my mate in hospital in Amersham. He must've been in for five months now, the poor bastard.

Comment

Night off

Wine tasting at Lords this evening. Had a private tasting at Laithwaites last week as well, so that's two in a fortnight. Like busses I guess. (Predominately red.)

Comment

Night off

Just finished a morning bike ride. Then off to buy blinds and curtains. Gonna be a hot one today - close to 100.

Comment

Night off

I know I've posted it before but maybe someone's hungry?

Comment

Night off

A nice coincidence that the first night off is also the same night that I'm taking my mother to the opera for her birthday.

Comment

Night off

Baby proofing night. Padded corners on tables, safety straps on the TV, winders on the blind strings. Then a bland microwave meal and whichever Family Guy episodes we have recorded.

Comment

Night off

Skulking about the flat feeling more tetchy and miserable than I actually am, smoking a lot, staring at a pile of boxes that will soon be moved (along with ourselves) into a different flat, listening to Buried Secrets by Painkiller, contemplating a brew and polishing off The Blizzard vol. 5.

The excitement never ends round here.

Comment

Night off

I've just read my gas and electric meters, something Scottish Power have been nagging me to do via increasingly annoyed sounding daily e-mails since the tournament started. They've decided to cut a further £13 off my monthly direct debit as a result, too (they'd previously knocked £20 a month off last time I did it). That new boiler I had put in last year really is beginning to pay for itself like it claimed on the advert, it seems.

Comment

Night off

Played golf, badly.

Comment

Night off

jim w wrote: Skulking about the flat feeling more tetchy and miserable than I actually am, smoking a lot, staring at a pile of boxes that will soon be moved (along with ourselves) into a different flat, listening to Buried Secrets by Painkiller, contemplating a brew and polishing off The Blizzard vol. 5.

The excitement never ends round here.
                                          Oh, a brew. Great idea.

Comment

Night off

Does a can of Kronenbourg count as a brew of sorts?

Comment

Night off

Man, it gets better. A can of Kronenbourg found in the fridge, some Cadbury's Fingers, and "Cagney & Lacey: Together Again" on Movies24.

Comment

Night off

I'm watching England's Greatest Goals. They should rename it England's Greatest goals since 2002. Or England's Greatest Goals scored on ITV.

Comment

Night off

Did the shopping with the boy so the shower sealant will have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X