Holland v Portugal; Denmark v Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to be a thread-starter at some point in this campaign.

Holland-Portugal's a fascinating battle of competing dysfunctional egotists, but I fancy Portugal, just. And then Germany should put Denmark out, but you never know.

Anyone fancy watching this in a Portuguese bar down near Stockwell?

Comment

Will be in the Ironbound tomorrow. I'm hoping my daughter sees her first informal 4,000-strong street celebration.

Anyone in the tri-state area, feel free to PM.

Comment

Germany will deal with Denmark no problem. If Holland play like they did for the last half hour against Germany, they might actually make it, but I'd be more inclined to go for a draw in that game.

Comment

The key thing will be which game to watch. POR-NED will have a bit more edge to it, but may end up being a cagey affair. DEN-GER could be a more open and entertaining match.

Comment

The Dutch have to win by two clear goals, don't they? I'm not sure they can afford to be cagey for that much of the match.

Comment

If the portuguese approach this game with the goal of not losing like Russia did today, they just may give the dutch a chance to go through. Otherwise it's a done deal.

Comment

Erics Inner Monologue wrote: Anyone fancy watching this in a Portuguese bar down near Stockwell?
                Me. But I won't be able to. Sadly.

Comment

The Netherlands against Portugal has the potential to be the batshit mental game of the tournament. Neither of them can defend properly, they both are decent going forward, one team has to win by two goals and the last time they met there were 11 cards handed out.

Comment

If Holland-Portugal ends up clearly looking like a draw, will Germany be tempted to throw their game in order to play the Czechs?

Comment

Why would they prefer the Czechs to Greece?

Comment

That would be a stupid gamble for no gain. What if Portugal scored an injury time winner?

Comment

I can't think of any conceivable way that Holland-Portugal could end up "clearly looking like a draw". A last minute winner is always possible no matter how the match has been to that point.

Comment

I secured a huge widescreen TV from the rubbish for the rest of the tournament. It's one of those CRT ones that weighs nearly as much as a car. But it's huge. And it works.

The only thing is that is so huge that you can clearly see it from the footpath outside my home. If the TV license man comes along in the next couple of weeks then I'm screwed.

Comment

Bryan, do what I do, pretend you cannot speak English and act dumb, they will get bored and bugger off for a couple of years.

These kind of days are what my 65 inch panny was made for.

Some of the games have been on 3D as well.

Comment

Right, I've got Portugal v Holland on TV, Germany v Denmark on quietly in the top corner of the laptop, OTF on the other side of the laptop, a packet of jalepeno flavour snacks at my side and Mrs of the Shed at work this evening. The only thing tarnishing it is that it is on ITV.

Comment

I am playing on buying a proper telly at the end of the summer when the sport madness is over. They'll be practically giving them away by then.

Well then, they've finally dropped Van Bommel. Or maybe he was just so slow that he didn't make it from the bus to the pitch in time for the kickoff.

Comment

Nigel de Jong's beard is very... pubic.

Comment

Van der Vaart in for Van Bommel and Huntelaar for Afellay. Much more attacking line-up that played so much better in the second half against Germany, as well as Vlaar for Heitinga.

Comment

Apparently a 3-2 result for Denmark tonight puts them and Germany through regardless of the result in the other match, is this correct?

Trying to work it out has made my brain hurt.

Comment

Rafa has scored. The jammy bastards are going to go through with three points.

Comment

Cracking shot from Van der Vaart.

Comment

If Netherlands don't go through they are going to look like idiots for not playing with this team and attitude in the previous games. Looks bad for Portugal.

Comment

Surfs up for Holland,great shot.

Comment

Bryaniek wrote: Rafa has scored. The jammy bastards are going to go through with three points.
                                                  If they go a couple of goals ahead then Germany and Denmark might well play out a draw if they hear the score.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X