Post-tournament moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-tournament moves

I accept this may be a thread best suited for after the tournament, when everyone will have abandoned this sub-forum, but oh well.

Which players at the tournament are on the move this summer?

Dirk Kuyt will move from Liverpool to Fenerbahce
    Lukas Podolski is moving from Koln to Arsenal
    Thiago Motta is off to PSG from Inter
    Petr Jiracek is going from Viktoria Plzen to Wolfsburg
    Urr... Paul Green has left Derby and will go somewhere

Anyone else?

Post-tournament moves

Lewandowski seems to be on his way to Man Utd.

Comment

Post-tournament moves

Reus to Dortmund and Wiese to Hoffenheim.

Comment

Post-tournament moves

Kranjcar to Dynamo Kiev... also, sounds slightly oddly that Ba to Galatasaray might come off? Don't like that move much.

Comment

Post-tournament moves

Just realised I mean Vaclav Pilar rather than Petr Jiracek, who made the move from Plzen to Wolfsburg a few months ago.

Edit: And that Thiago Motta also made his move last winter, and it's Milan's Thiago Silva who's been linked with a PSG move in the last few days (although he's now said no, apparently).

This thread is going well.

Comment

Post-tournament moves

Because I refuse to let it die:

Joao Pereira from Sporting to Valencia
            Paul Green from Derby to Leeds

And manager wise:
            Dick Advocaat from Russia to PSV
            Slaven Bilic from Croatia to Lokomotiv Moscow

Comment

Post-tournament moves

Thiago Motta signed with PSG in January and played 14 matches for them last season.

Olivier Giroud to Arsenal from Montpellier.

Comment

Post-tournament moves

Robert Green from West Ham to QPR (he is at the tournament, honest).

Comment

Post-tournament moves

ursus arctos wrote: Olivier Giroud to Arsenal from Montpellier.
                  Now confirmed, along with Green.

Mario Mandzukic has joined Bayern from Wolfsburg, while Jordi Alba has gone from Valencia to Barcelona. Are these the first moves off the back of good tournament form, or were they in the offing for a while?

Manager wise: Bert van Marwijk leaves the Netherlands. I hadn't realised until last night that he won all their WC 2010 qualifying matches, all their WC 2010 group games and all but one of their Euro 2012 qualifiers. Shame they were a complete shambles in the tournament.

Also, Keith Andrews looks set to join Bolton.

Comment

Post-tournament moves

I think Barcelona's interest in Jordi Alba is quite recent. They are reporting the fee at £12 million which seems to represent good value n

Comment

Post-tournament moves

What about that useless Irish lad with no club who came on as a sub against Spain? I'm sure Lincoln could use him if he's not doing anything else.

Comment

Post-tournament moves

Alba seemed to have agreed to go right before the tournament. (Certainly, enough to consider it a done deal from what I read.) Not sure if the price was agreed to before or not.

Comment

Post-tournament moves

Barcelona have been looking at him for ages, having released him for being too small. He's a respectable enough 5'7" for a full back now, but he's a full six inches shorter than abidal, the player he's going to replace. He's not going to do very much to help beef up barcelona is he?

Comment

Working...
                          X