Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the unlikely event that England win Euro 2012..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's serious (which I doubt) he seems to have started with his conclusion and ignored any evidence that might produce cognitive dissonance.

Comment

Erics Inner Monologue wrote: Does anyone know the context of this? I don't really know what he's supposed to say if he gets asked if he thinks England can win it. "Nah, we're fucking shit mate. We'll go out to the first decent team we face." It might be true, but he can hardly fucking say it, can he?
      Gary Neville made a great point on TV the other day. He said that at Manchester United, they never talked about whether they were going to win things, they just got down to getting on with the job. But when he went away with England, the focus of the questions from the press changed to being all about winning.

Evan Evian wrote: Bill Nicholson said, "It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
      So you must have been very disappointed with how Craig Levein set your boys out in Prague. Six in defence, four in midfield, and no-one allowed to cross the halfway line, in the hope of nicking a 0-0 draw. And the tactics didn't even change until ten minutes after the Czechs went 1-0 up. It was hilarious to watch.

It strikes me that most Ingerland fans would pro-actively love to win by playing the most ugly, negative and least skill-based football possible,
      It strikes me you've not ventured out of Scotland very often.

This Ingerland vision is also implicitly is based upon the notion that anything approaching expansive, creative and half-skillful football was always a false God. A somewhat aesthetically pleasing but utterly morally degenerate form of cheating.
      I remember Scotland playing free flowing expansive football in their draws with Liechtenstein.

Beltrano Carpinteiro wrote: No, really, who's doing him?
      Judging by how uptight he sounds, I think it's fair to say that nobody is doing him.

Comment

Evan Evian = Hartley Sebag-Ffiennes

I claim my five pounds.

Comment

It's obvious from the turgid, direct, Aidy Boothroyd football played by Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham and the like, that english football fans only want to see the ball hoofed up to a big man up front, bypassing the midfield completely at every opportunity.

The fact Arsenal fans pay through the nose to watch a team play like Barca lite really nails this theory down.

Comment

David Agnew wrote:

I remember Scotland playing free flowing expansive football in their draws with Liechtenstein.
            We did win both of those games, though I wouldn't have blamed you had you switched off before the 97th minute.

Comment

Evan is actually trolling the AEB. Great parody.

Comment

I was Paul the Patriot back in the day. I'm not this fellow though.

Comment

Paul the patriot was great. Bring him back

Comment

Do you not reckon the 4-1 win over Holland in 96 was better received, E10?

It's the only one that runs it close, certainly. And what a negative, uber-pragmatic joyless display of route one that was eh?

Look, I know there's far too many dickheads who think the main thing England do wrong at every tournament is that they lack "passion", but I think it's wrong to say that people just care about the results. People were not exactly dancing in the fountains after the string of turgid joyless victories in 2006 were they?
                    I'm assuming that the first paragraph is answering me but the second isn't? Otherwise I am confused. It seems like you are answer [strike]my Evan Evian persona[/strike], cough, sorry, that Evan Naive

Comment

Hold on, Evian backwards is Naive

Comment

Stick with your Evan log-in, it's far more likeable than your Bored one...

Comment

Working...
                        X