Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your 2nd team at Euro 2012

England.

It's finally happened, I'm getting sick of ABEism. At least in football.

Comment

Italy and Poland for me.

Comment

My number 2 team is whoever is playing Italy.

Comment

France, if someone's holding a gun to my head. It's the only other European country that I have seen a lot of football in, although this current lot are hard to love. Other than that, the outsiders, I guess.

Comment

I thought by now I'd know. Usually it becomes apparent after a game each, but this time round, I still haven't worked it out. Traditionally it would be Portugal, but there's that Ronaldo thing to contend with. It used to be Spain, but I just see that all ending in tears this time round. Italy perhaps. Honestly I don't really mind who wins and who loses as long as they entertain me in some way. I even found myself warming to England yesterday until the second half and the utter paucity of any sign of invention and creativity.

Comment

El Tel wrote: What other team(s) will you be supporting this summer?

Second for me will be Spain, would love to see them win back to back to back titles. I think they would become the first European side to win 3 in a row so I'll support Spain in their bid to make history.

My other team will be Portugal on account of them never having won an international title at senior level, it would be great to see Ronaldo add another achievement to his CV, moreover I've always had a soft spot for Portugal.
              Bump, lets see how those bandwagon's are coming along.
              Well, a Spain v Portugal semi guarantees me one team in the final, so I have someone to support in the final come what may.

Now, of the 4 remaining teams what is your order of preference? Mine:
              1. Spain
              2. Portugal
              3. Italy
              4. Germany

Comment

I'm happy with any of them.

I'd like to see Spain make it three in a row. Failing that, Germany are due one. Ronaldo getting a trophy would not be a bad thing. Italy probably haven't done enough but this time in 2006 they hadn't either.

Comment

Whoever deserves it for me. At least the tournament is a meritocracy now, there only have been five decent teams participating and four of them have made the semis (Croatia being the odd ones out).

Comment

satchmo76 wrote: Italy probably haven't done enough but this time in 2006 they hadn't either.
                    Speaking of which you just jogged my memory Satchmo, I hope the Germany-Italy game is even half as exciting as their semi final match in 2006. That game was an absolute classic.

dalliance, good sentiments there. Given the remaining field whoever wins the tourament will surely have earned their title.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: I shan't have a second team as such, or at least until the competition gets going. As usual I'll be half-heartedly following England 'till their inevitable (and usually amusing) demise. After that I'll just take each game as it comes; unless Italy or Ireland are involved...
                      Well who'da thunk how things change...

Comment

Working...
                      X