Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little help?

Hi
    I'm doing some research to be better placed for my euro 2012 predictions and even wikpedia cannot help me to get the number of games played by each nation.
    If anyone has any data or knows a good site please reply to this.
    Thanks!

Little help?

I'm fairly certain they play three each, in the group stages.

Comment

Little help?

Confused by the question. Do you mean in the finals, as Rogin assumes? Or in qualifying? Or in the entire history of the competition (although what revelance results from 10+ years ago would have on the likely outcomes, I'm not sure...)?

Either way, RSSSF is a good resource for past results. But you'll have to pick the data you want out of the morass.

Edit - Hmm, having looked at some of those records, they don't seem to be at all up-to-date. Sorry.

Comment

Little help?

sorry about the confusing question, what i'm looking for is the all time number of games played by each team in the euros this time

Comment

Little help?

Sorry, but I'm still unclear what you are after.

I can pick out that you are only interested in the 16 teams that have qualified for next summer. But you need to be more precise in what you mean by 'number of games played by each team'. It looks like it means the number of matches they played in qualifying for this tournament, but that would be very easy to find on either UEFA's site or wikipedia, so it can't be that.

Comment

Little help?

I think he means every game ever played by the competing teams, but not sure whether that's every game, every competitive game, or every European Championships game.

Comment

Little help?

Or is it every European Championship finals game? As Janik says, RSSSF is always good for that kind of thing, and has exactly that table up to the end of 2008 at the bottom of the link here.

I was a little surprised to discver that both of this year's finalists are debutants at the Euros. Poland especially, they were ever-present at the World Cup in the 70s and 80s, but don't seem to have got to any of the Euros in that era.

Comment

Little help?

This site is an excellent resource for European internationals from 1872 to 2010.

http://eu-football.info/_links.php?catid=20

Comment

Working...
                X