Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A permanent home?

Controversial, I know, but...

These Euros seemed to go off exceptionally smoothly and be really well organised. I also liked the fact that the smaller stadium size meant that every(?) game was sold out, too, adding to the atmosphere.

Do you think it's possible that Austria/Switzerland should be the Euros' permanent home? A bit like Greece was recently touted as a permanent home for the Olympics. Austria & Switzerland are about as central as you can get for all of Europe and since their home sides don't dominate, it means that nearly every match* is genuinely on neutral turf.

(* - every later round match, that is. Sorry, AUT/SWI, but...!)

A permanent home?

No way!
    Half the fun is travelling to new grounds, new cities, new fan parks.

And, no offence like, but I can't think of a less exciting away trip I've endured in recent years than Austria.

Comment

A permanent home?

Nah, you want a variety of country really, from a fans' point of view, and to ensure different parts of Europe get a chance to get up close to it. And also, without wishing to offend anyone from those parts, but there are plenty of more interesting places in the continent to host a tournament than Austria and Switzerland.

Small stadium sizes would, it appears, have been one of the few drawbacks about this tournament too.

Comment

A permanent home?

EURO 2016 will be played on a floating pitch that will tour the world!

Comment

Working...
        X