F1 - 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 - 2010

Why don't they rip up all F1 tracks and re-build them in the fashion of this Brazilian one? There's been more overtaking in the first 7 laps of this race than in the rest of the entire season put together.

Is it the fact that all the corners are nice wide ones, and on hills?

Comment

F1 - 2010

Well, even though F1 is normally about as exciting as crown green bowls, this is actually shaping up to be an interesting final hour of the final race. As things stand Vettel's going to win the race and the title, but Alonso only needs to overtake a couple of people in inferior cars to snatch it back (a bit like Hamilton did to win his).

If that's the outcome, and Alonso wins the title by 3 or 4 points, then all the arguments can re-start about Ferrari ordering Massa to gift him 7 points in Hockenheim.

Comment

F1 - 2010

Well... the lesser of two evils won. And I'm glad Vettel did win, rather than Alonso. Alonso is a whinger. He whinged McLaren into a (totally unjust) £50million fine and he whinged when Hamilton brake-tested him at the end of that safety car period in one race last year ("It's not fair!") so that Hamilton got a drive-through (and Hamilton still came out ahead of him, humourously enough). And now - surprise, surprise - he's whinging at Petrov who perfectly justifiably raced him and held him - and Webber - off for half the race. Fair play to Petrov and a big "grow up" to Alonso.

Comment

F1 - 2010

Woohoo! Fucking brilliant result, delighted for Seb. Fantastic comeback. Alonso shows all his class there, having a go at Petrov (who drove brilliantly). How the fuck can he shake his fist at him, wasn't as if Alonso was ever close enough to attack anyway. Loved Vettel's reaction at the end in the car, didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Comment

F1 - 2010

Agreed.

I don't like Vettel, but I really don't like Alonso. Thus, I found it strange to find myself rooting for Vettel, but I was actually really happy for him and happy too that he showed so much emotion. That at least shows he's not entirely going to be just a clone of Schumacher, which has worried me in the past.

Now, if only he can learn to stop driving into people!

Comment

F1 - 2010

I was hoping that Webber and Alonso would crash each other off in an injury-free stramash for 4th while Vettel's engine blew up.
              Can't have it all my own way though I suppose.

Comment

F1 - 2010

I marvel at how in a country with the problems that Italy has, senior politicians have the time, energy and sheer temerity to piss up against the wall calling for the sacking of senior Ferrari officials for their supposedly disastrous pit stop decision.

At the time they decided to do this it was by no means certain it was the wrong decision anyway. Covering Webber - the main threat to Alonso in points terms - seemed to make sense and Alonso's tyres were going away from him at the time he came in.

Few knew that the tyres would have come back into play as Vettel and Hamilton found to their benefit. It was a 50-50 call and it didn't work out for Ferrari, those are the breaks. To be called out as incompetent by a minister in Italy is really adding insult to injury.

Comment

Working...
                X