'Carwyn' on S4C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Carwyn' on S4C

This was a drama/documentary about the great Welsh Rugby coach Carwyn James that I saw couple of nights ago. It was in Welsh but, thankfully for the likes of myself, with English subtitles.

A very well put together programme about a curious, lonely and rather sensitive individual. Not the kind of characteristics generally associated with men of the game.

I really enjoyed it.

'Carwyn' on S4C

Didn't see it, but he was an absolutely peerless coach. I can't remember the name, but he wrote a book that was not only the definitive technical text of the amateur era, but a beginners' introduction too. A genius.

Comment

'Carwyn' on S4C

http://www.s4c.co.uk//clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=342063186

available with subtitles.

Comment

'Carwyn' on S4C

Da iawn Jorge. Thanks Tony.
        That was a brilliant programme.
        More like Nick Drake than Warren Gatland.

Comment

'Carwyn' on S4C

In a conversation over the weekend with my Welsh Girlfriend i suggested the name Carwyn for a boys name. She was not impressed and suggested Sebastian. I am considering the re-introduction of condoms into our relationship.

Comment

'Carwyn' on S4C

Tactical Genius wrote:
            In a conversation over the weekend with my Welsh Girlfriend i suggested the name Carwyn for a boys name. She was not impressed and suggested Sebastian.
            Late 90s Glaswegian indie-pop fan, is she? Or does she believe in the Evelyn Waugh mythos?

What the names have in common is that both would probably get you a good kicking in the rougher parts of England (where toffs and Celts are hated with equal passion).

Comment

'Carwyn' on S4C

What the names have in common is that both would probably get you a good kicking in the rougher parts of England (where toffs and Celts are hated with equal passion).
              How bizarre.

Comment

Working...
              X