Eric and Pete's Big Day Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night Eric and Pete along with their team-mates left for that London. I still can't get my head round the fact that two of my mates, blokes who I drink with and have had round to our house for tea, will be playing against England at Lord's on June 5th.It's a surreal thought, I can tell you.

Eric Swarczinski has been Sean & Dylan's coach for the last two years, and Peter Borren is coaching them in 2009 - just not for the next two weeks.

Eric is considered to be Holland's most talented batsman, but his lack of self-belief is thought to be what's prevented him making the leap to county cricket. Though he did score 98 against Glamorgan earlier this season.

Pete as a New Zealander was the leading wicket taker in the 2004 Under 19 World Cup. He's a full time pro, but the only member of that Kiwi team not playing in first class cricket. A penchant for beer and fags probably explains that. He's an OTF lurker though non-contributor.

With county cricket players Alexei Kervezee, Ryan ten Doeschate and Dirk Nannes, the Dutch are a decent T20 team, roughly the equivalent of a lower-middle division two team, I reckon.

Nederland 49 - 2 after 6 against Ireland.

The SKY commentators are going out of their way not to pronounce Eric's surname. It's not that difficult boys Zwarczinski.

He's currently 8 not out, looking visibly nervous.

Comment

Ohhhh Eric! - ran himself out for 10.

Comment

Now Pete's out for 17 off 10 deliveries. two nice sixes off consecutive balls though.

The Dutch batmen's ability to smack full-tosses down mid-wicket's throat remains matchless.

Comment

They are now going to a super over, Ireland having gotten one off the last ball to tie at 135.

Comment

And the Dutch have made a complete hash of that and lost, though neither of TPC's mates were involved.

Comment

Once again Oranje snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Pete's going to have something to say about that.

One of the Sky commentators compared Pete to Paul Collingwood, he'll be tickled by that - Colly is the only England player he likes.

Comment

Beating England off the last ball at Lord's.

Hard to imagine a day out bigger than that.

Well done guys, enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                X