Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miami Dolphins select..

Some jackass who won't pan out- given their history..

Here's the order of the draft:
    1 Miami Dolphins
    2 St. Louis Rams
    3 Atlanta Falcons
    4 Oakland Raiders
    5 Kansas City Chiefs
    6 New York Jets
    7 New England Patriots* (from 49ers)
    8 Baltimore Ravens
    9 Cincinnati Bengals
    10 New Orleans Saints
    11 Buffalo Bills
    12 Denver Broncos
    13 Carolina Panthers
    14 Chicago Bears
    15 Detroit Lions
    16 Arizona Cardinals
    17 Minnesota Vikings
    18 Houston Texans
    19 Philadelphia Eagles
    20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    21 Washington Redskins
    22 Dallas Cowboys* (from Browns)
    23 Pittsburgh Steelers
    24 Tennessee Titans
    25 Seattle Seahawks
    26 Jacksonville Jaguars
    27 San Diego Chargers
    28 Dallas Cowboys
    29 San Francisco 49ers* (from Colts)
    30 Green Bay Packers
    31 New York Giants

The big question is whether the Bungles will rid themselves of Chad 'Ocho Cinco' Johnson before the draft. Apparently the Redskins are trying to give up their draft picks for him- as they do every year for the disgruntled player of the year.. My Eagles and the Cowboys are also interested- but the Bengals aren't having it. I would almost love to see Johnson playing in Dallas with T.O. It would almost make this impending losing season (for my Eagles) worthwhile in entertainment value..

Cheer up, Dynamo Kev, there's reason for optimism for the Eagles season. I'm not sure what it is yet, and I am sure to ignore it when it's presented b/c of my innate pessimism, but there must be some cause for optimism out there.

Comment

Dan Snyder is still running the Redskins.

Comment

There's nothing to be happy about.. Have you seen the schedule?- we're looking at 6-10.. Dallas @ home on the last week will be the end of the McNabb era (for better or worse).
        Phunk this!! In this draft we need:
        a #1 WR
        short yardage RB
        OT
        3 LBs
        Safety
        DE who can get to the QB

that'll do..

Comment

This is going to be fun. Gyuri can be positively Olympian in his pessimism on this particular subject.

I'm waiting for one of you to predict that they will be worse than the Raiders within half a dozen posts.

Comment

Dan Snyder is still running the Redskins.
            If he ran the Cowboys and Giants, too, I'd be a little more optimistic.
            There's nothing to be happy about. Have you seen the schedule?
            Schedules are hard to categorize before the season starts, as the quality of teams change pretty dramatically from year-to-year. For example, the Giants were pretty much a consensus last place team prior to last year.

As for draft needs, I don't think there's a #1 WR in the draft, and I certainly don't trust our ability to find one. I'd rank our needs as:
            1. OT
            2. Safety
            3. Middle LB
            4. WR (it's a higher need, but I think we can only find a #2 at best)
            5. DE
            6. Good pass catching TE

By the way, DK, here's a pretty good Eagles website.

Comment

Michigan tackle Jake Long has signed a multiyear contract with the Miami Dolphins..

well that was uneventful... On to the Rams of Saint Louis- you are on the clock.

Comment

I may be attending this years draft. My friend who lives in Hoboken and I are probably going just for the hell of it and to cheer when Dan Connor gets picked.

Comment

I don't think that trade would be such a bad idea for the Redskins. The Patriots showed that a malcontent primadonna WR can become a very productive playmaker after he's traded. The Skins could certainly use a downfield threat like him and I don't think they're going to find anything better in this draft.

Their pick of Landry last season seemed stupid since it just meant that they had their best two players at safety when they really needed more help on the line. But now Sean Taylor has left this world, so I guess they're glad to have him.

But they've got to get some more help on the line. Rushing the passer is the key to the whole fucking sport, as far as I can tell.

Comment

The issue with the trade, from my perspective, is that it isn't clear that Johnson is actually all that great. His numbers are good, but he has a great QB throwing to him. His talent isn't as clear as Moss's or TO's. Also, I think Moss worked (without melting down) partially b/c the Pats have a strong, disciplined internal culture, and, more importantly they went undefeated, so there was no opportunity to whine.

The Skins, on the other hand, aren't nearly as good and have a questionable internal culture with Zorn coming in over the players' wishes for Williams.

Comment

I think he's probably better than Santana Moss which would make him the number one right away.

Also, while he's not as good as Randy Moss, unlike Randy Moss, I don't think Johnson has ever blatantly dogged it like Randy Moss or created a problem in the middle of the season like TO.

I grew up as a Bengals fan and still support them as much as I can from a distance, but I can't blame him for not wanting to play for them. It's a mess. Marvin Lewis has done a pretty good job, but the big mess has happened on his watch.

Right now, if I were Mike Brown - and thank God I'm not - I'd be willing to get rid of everyone who works in the entire organization except Palmer and Hooshmanzadah (I'm just spelling it like it sounds).

Comment

Reed,

I think there's a good chance that you're right and he is better than Santana Moss, but I'm not sure that he's worth this year's first round pick and a potential first round pick next year (it's at least a 3rd, but could be a first if performance goals are reached). My best evidence for this is that I, as an Eagles' fan, would be thrilled if the Skins made that trade. Of course, that may just be evidence of my idiocy.

Comment

No, not next year's first round pick too. That's too much. Don't give them anything from next year. The pick is likely to be high.

I'd give them this year's first round pick (he's probably as good as anybody they could get there) an autographed Gary Clark jersey and a lifetime pass to Six Flags (Dan Snyder owns that too).

But that would be my final offer. I'd open with just the Gary Clark jersey then work up to the other things if they don't take it.

Comment

I'd hold back the Six Flags pass, too. Given the Bengals recent criminal troubles, I wouldn't want them starting anything at the wave pool.

Comment

I'm not talking about a pass for the whole team, just Mike Brown and his family.

Comment

I went to Six Flags last year (for the first time in 20 years or so) and was thoroughly disappointed to find out they don't let the monkeys climb on your car in the safari anymore..

One of my fondest childhood memories was seeing a red-arsed monkey press his cheeks on our windshield..

Comment

There's a drive-through safari at your Six Flags? At Six Flags Magic Mountain out here, it's just a bunch of giant coasters mocking the laws of physics. And gangs.

Comment

The Dallas Cowboys traded their 4th round pick for Pacman Jones and will be required to file future taxes as a Vaudeville act rather than a football team.

Comment

What with TO, Tank Johnson and now Pacman, the Cowboys seem to have a clear strategy of finding assets that are undervalued due to character deficiencies. Jerry Jones ought to see if Michael Lewis is willing to write "Assholeball" to document this creative way of thinking.

Comment

What do the stars and parentheses after some of the teams mean in the opening post?

Comment

I believe they mean that the team that currently has the pick received the pick via trade from another team (the one in the parens).

Comment

Ah right, thanks. Have the Colts relinquished completely any right to pick, then?

Edit: and also the Browns.

Comment

They mean that the draft picks in question did not originally belong to the team listed, but were rather acquired in a trade from the team in parentheses.

The 49ers, for instance, were not very good last year, and therefore had a relatively high pick (No. 7), but traded it to the Patriots (who otherwise would not have had a first round pick).

Comment

Only in that round, Hof.

The teams that traded picks will have them in subsequent rounds (unless they've traded those, too).

Comment

Crap. Eagles traded out of the first round for second year in a row. Don't know what they got in return for their pick.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X