Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching cricket in the USA...

...is not happening!

I recently moved here 6 months ago and am properly cricket-starved. Highlights via youtube are simply not enough...does anyone know of a cable-provider? I checked out setanta website but strangely they're not showing the IPL in the states, but they are showing aussie rules and the nrl...bit weird, I thought there'd be enough people from the Commonwealth in the US to warrant a cricket show...especially with the upcoming Windies and Ashes, I am in dire need!

Any help would be most welcome

There is definitely a satelite channel that regularly shows cricket in the USA, because I remember chatting to guys in the Minnesota cricket league about it. And they sometimes show games at 'The Brit' pub on Nicollet Mal.

If you are desperate you can get a live feed of all England's home games from the ECB website for about €70 per year.

Comment

DirecTV does pay-per-view of some events. They also have something called Cricket Ticket, which is like a season subscription to the cricket events they offer as PPV. It costs $299, which sounds outrageous, but when you compare it to the prices of the PPV tests and one day internationals on their own it's a deal.
      http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=1100076

edit: and an unrelated question. Looking at that DirecTV page, I see that the Indian Premier League matches are being played in South Africa. Why is that? I heard about that one thing moving out of Pakistan for security concerns...or was I wrong, and was that the IPL?

Comment

justin.tv has had some feeds.
        I watched some of the SA v Aus test series on there, so they should have some IPL at least.

IPL was moved to India for security reasons, clashing with the general elections. Indian authorities decided they couldn't offer high enough security for both.
        SA and England both offered to stage it but the IPL plumped the the former citing weather issues with England in April/May.

Comment

Thanks, I remember hearing something about that now.

And oh yeah, you should be able to find an internet stream for anything--myp2p.eu probably has some stuff--but if you want to watch it on your television, you probably have to get either DirecTV or Dish Network, though I don't know what the latter offers.

Comment

Working...
          X