Our own sporting photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our own sporting photos

Since I got my iPhone, I've been taking pictures of anything and anywhere. I started doing it on a lark but now I think it's funa so I'll start carrying around my real camera with me.

Anyway, I took a bunch of shots with my iphone at a college baseball game this weekend. Most of them are crap because of the limitations of the device (no zoom), but this one is ok.

It shows you why college baseball is underrated as a great sports watching experience. For $4 I sat right behind the dugout. There are only 1,500 fans so not a big atmosphere, but one can hear just about everything every fan yells on the field as well as all the chatter in the dugout.

I took this at RFK last week. It's not great, but it does give an idea what whatching a game at RFK is like (sort of).

I'll try to do better in the future.

Whoe else has good sporting action snaps?

Our own sporting photos

The closest I've ever been at a Galaxy game was when my friend got tickets for a CSUN staff night. We were about the second row on the sideline, and we got to go up to the private club beforehand. Here are some shots from that game, from 2005 against the Rapids:

Taken from the club. You can see the pitch is still in bad shape, post-X-Games.

Tyrone Marshall with a great tackle, Chris Albright comes to clean up the loose ball.

And I was super excited to get this one:

With the game secure, the Galaxy were given a penalty kick. Landon Donovan gave the ball to Pando Ramirez for him to take it. Everyone had high hopes for Pando, but he just didn't have a good season (it would be his only year with the Galaxy). Pando's penalty bounced off the upright, hit the Colorado keeper on the back, and slowly rolled over the goal line. It was his only goal of the regular season, until he scored his unbelievable volley in the final to win MLS Cup for the Galaxy.

Comment

Our own sporting photos

I took these on Monday at the Unibond Premier league game between Marine and Kendal Town.

Here's a random tennis shot

Some horse racing from Bangor-on-Dee

And ski jumping from Bischofshofen in Austria

If I can get my camera into a sporting event, I generally will do - though I usually only go and watch motorsport with the specific intention of taking photos.

Comment

Our own sporting photos

I've been putting my football ones on my tumblr blog:
        http://blogdroed.tumblr.com/

(including my work ones)

Comment

Our own sporting photos

Here's a couple from last year's stage finish in Gateshead (or 'Newcastle-Gateshead' as it's obviously been rebranded) of the Tour of Britain.

1. French Agritubel bloke whose name I forget (Edit: Geoffroy Lequatre) crosses the line with sufficient time in hand to know he's probably now won it overall

2. Alessandro Petacchi slums it in windy North East England but wins his 3rd stage sprint with ease ('Don't fancy yours much', etc)

edit: facebook or wsc have obviously cropped the top one, as the Newcastle-Gateshead banner over the finish ain't there

Comment

Our own sporting photos

Oh and this is technically not so hot, but it sums up the mood, as the final whistle goes in France-Greece at Euro 2004:

Comment

Our own sporting photos

Felicity, I guess so wrote:
              edit: facebook or wsc have obviously cropped the top one, as the Newcastle-Gateshead banner over the finish ain't there
              It's there, but there's a scroll bar at the bottom of your post which allows you to see it.

Comment

Our own sporting photos

I meant to take some pictures of the Blue Jays - Twins game I attended on Tuesday, but I forgot my camera and my phone was out of power.

That Euro04 one is interesting. It somehow makes the place look a lot smaller than it is, like it's an indoor game.

You all put mine to shame. I'll have to start remembering to bring my real camera. I've started taking random pictures of random stuff whereever I go with my iPhone and posting them to my facebook page. I find that they stimulate interesting conversations.

Comment

Our own sporting photos

Forgot I had these--from the final stage of the 2007 Tour of California, in Long Beach:

Comment

Our own sporting photos

a few from the TDF prologue in london a couple of years back, i've probably posted one of them here before somewhere

thor hushovd

levi leipheimer

putting them side by side i can see there's a bit of a tint to a couple of these, not quite sure what's happened there

Comment

Our own sporting photos

Went to a UCLA spring football practice today, and tried out the sports setting on my camera. Was pleased with some of the action shots I got. I was a fair distance away from the field:

Comment

Working...
                      X