AIATL is in for the best fortnight of his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like there could be a delay in the hearing.

A few problems convening the disciplinary panel.

My Dad sits on some of the ERC disciplinary panels, actually. But he can't do this one, as there's no Irish.

Comment

What with Leinster's win in the HEC, all that's left is a Lions win for BOD to seal his own chapter in the AITAL Big Book Of Treasured Memories.

Comment

I watched it. Leinster were by far the hungrier and more committed of the two teams and should have won by a much bigger margin than three points.

I was kind of half-hoping Leicester would win with a last-minute try by Harry Ellis, because I was watching the game with a friend of mine who despises Ellis more than I despise Nacho Novo.

Comment

You weren't secretly hiding in my living room, were you, because I hate the Meerkat. I think Leicester badly missed Mauger's creativity in midfield. When you're fielding Hipkiss and Erinle in the centres with Tuilagi on the wing, you know what you're going to get, and dazzling sleight of hand passing and fancy footwork isn't on the menu.

Rocky Elsom is a pretty awesome player, it must be said. I also feel happy knowing that at least Quins were knocked out by the winners. Using Scottish Football Logic that makes us the third best team in the Northern Hemisphere.

Comment

Woo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm still hoarse.

Fantastic performance. Massively impressed with Cian Healy - The Beast stepped up two or three levels this year, and should really be in the Irish team come the autumn. Indeed, you could make a case for him as a Lions reserve.

The whole team were bloody fantastic - but I'm delighted for Jonny Sexton. A nice, nice guy whose confidence seemed to stall totally in the last twelve months; since being pitched in for Contepomi, he's been awesome. And lucky about Rob Kearney's mumps in many ways; had Kearney been fit(ter), Nacewa would probably have stepped in to out-half. If he keeps it up, he should be putting O'Gara under very serious pressure in the next twelve months.

What is there to say about Elsom? He must be the best player in the world at the moment - for the last three rounds he's been basically unplayable. The Aussies made a balls of his contract-release, too, so we might even get him for another year. He's on I think €400,000 a season, and worth every penny; they released him "on compassionate grounds" because a property deal collapsed and he was left broke.

Oh, and me Dad got a text form Bernard Jackman after the game saying "This year the Heineken - next year the AIL!" He was like a schoolkid with an autograph book, it was great.

Comment

Elsom is returning to Australia.

Very good player but "best in the world" is really pushing it. I don't remember him doing a single thing of note in the World Cup apart from helping himself to a few tries against Japan.

Comment

Working...
              X