X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh! Wow! I am Gobsmacked!

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT????????

That France's way of dealing with drugs testing in its major international event is to send round "a little guy with a backpack and no credentials" to his home address?

I'm not. If I'd have been Armstrong I'd have told him to fuck off.

Comment

As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew what this was about.

Hopefully David Walsh and Kimmage will go to town on it.

Comment

Rogin - it's an out-of-competition test, from St. Patrick's Day, in the (very aptly named) town of Beaulieu-sur-Mer. This isn't a Tour De France test, it's a standard anti-doping thing. And as Armstrong knows perfectly well, inconspicuous, low-key testing like this is the norm for two reasons.

Firstly, it's much more cost-effective, and there's no need for large troupes of colourful and well-advertised testing teams, particularly when athletes will complain it violates their privacy. Secondly, it makes it much harder for cunts like Armstrong to know they're in the area and move on.

Comment

I had never heard of labs or governments doing drug testing
          ha ha, of course not. You're only "the most tested athlete in the world", you've only been in the sport nearly two decades. Fuck right off.

I wish they'd got him clearly and unambiguously, though. This will help to erode the legend, but isn't enough to explode it.

Comment

Worth pointing out that he did provide the samples (including blood and hair) and that they were all negative.

I tend to think that nothing short of being caught in broad daylight with needles in both arms will ever "explode" the Armstrong legend for those who believe in it.

Comment

True.

This may well mean exclusion from the Tour De France, though - the AFLD have the power to bhan him from any sporting competition within France.

Comment

Working...
              X