World Championship Snooker 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 32nd frame in the Carter-Perry match was the most error-strewn I've seen since that incredible final frame between Hendry and White in 1994. I wondered at one point if both players were so nervous neither of them was going to be able to pot another ball all night.

Carter's really going to have to play well to keep O'Sullivan away from scoring opportunities. If he can't there's a very real danger that this final might not make into a final session.

Comment

The first frame of the final, and four blacks into as good an opportunity of a 147 break that any player gets, Carter jumps the cue ball over the easiest of reds. Who says nerves don't play a part in these things?

Comment

At the moment, Carter is doing about as well against O'Sullivan as I would.

Comment

Well, contrary to Rogin's suggestion that all O'Sullivan has to do is play well to win, O'Sullivan is playing well, but he's not winning this, Carter is losing it.

Comment

A worthy champion, and one who admitted after his victory that his mind might not be up for defending his title. Hazel Irvine virtually had to beg him to promise he'd be back next year. I'm not sure he will be.

I wonder what happens in the theatre, after a final session like that that's lasted just two frames? Does everyone just shrug their shoulders and go home, or does someone like Virgo come out of the commentary box and do some trick shots for an hour? It must have cost a fair bit to go to Sheffield tonight, and pay for tickets for the final session - surely you're not just told "sorry, you've seen your forty minutes of snooker, that's it, now piss off home"?

Comment

Ronnie's threatened to quit before. Then as now, there was a summer disciplinary hanging over him.

At the end of the session, I think that's it (the crowd were already leaving when the beeb cut back to Irvine, Parrott and Davis at the back of the theatre, after the presentation), but you take that chance - it can be one or two sessions, or it could be the longest session of the tournament.

Comment

I'm told that it says on the tickets that you buy them at your own risk. If the session's over in two frames or doesn't get played at all, then hard luck.

I like the idea of John Virgo doing trick shots, though. Personally, I reckon they could round up all the old ex-pros knocking about and have a one-frame scratch tournament, Pot Black style.

Comment

Working...
                X