David Haye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Haye

He's brilliant, isn't he? Exactly what the heavyweight division needs right now: someone with the talent, bravery and personality to do have a decent shot at uniting the belts...or go down in a blaze of glory trying.

Looks like the Wladimir Klitschko fight is definitely on, in Germany in June. Shame it's not at Wembley, but perhaps if he wins this he'll get Vitali to travel to London. Typically Haye-esque quotes about the fight:

"I'm so pleased we've finally managed to get this fight on. I feel I've been sent by all the great heavyweights of yesteryear to clean up and save the heavyweight division. Klitschko's last opponents were cowards and I will knock him out and take his belts back to London. I guarantee I'll knock him out in spectacular fashion. I'm his worst nightmare. That's not all, I will also go and get Vitali's belt. None of them can stop me. The new world heavyweight champion will soon be David Haye."

"I'm taking this fight to save boxing. I'm doing this for Jack Dempsey, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier and all the other great, smaller heavyweights of the past. I feel as though I've been sent by all the great heavyweights of yesteryear to clean up and save the heavyweight division. I'm a man on a mission to save boxing from this Eastern European invasion of Ivan Drago clones. The clean-up operation starts with Wladimir on 20 June."

David Haye

Yeah, that's great stuff. I think he'll get his arse kicked once they send in the clones, but that's great all the same.

Comment

David Haye

Ha, true Wingco. He's the polar opposite of Audley Harrison. He'd definitely get his arse kicked by a proper, decent heavyweight, but I actually don't know if any of the 'clones' are good enough. Maybe Chagaev, the 'white Tyson' could beat him; it'd certainly be a good fight.

Speaking of exciting, I watched a best of Naz DVD last night. He was so amazing...and such a plonker. His story is such an interesting cautionary tale...from the total domination of his early fights (against some really tough blokes) to the Steve Robinson massacre, the Kevin Kelley showdown and then the weird, rapid descent into...an embarrassing has-been. Still, whatever happens, no-one will be able to take away from him the fact that he won the world championship and beat the best America had to offer in their own back yard.

Comment

Working...
      X