Victoria de Ciclismo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victoria de Ciclismo

You're quite right about the easy access to pro-cyclists. It's like the kids being allowed on the pitch at the end of Llanelli rugby matches (why not, after all?).
    We mingled freely with the pro's at the Tour of Britain a few years ago. Also at the Tour de France in London last year I rode up to Hyde Park in the morning and found myself cycling alongside Savoldelli and Boonen. I'd like to say that I dropped Paulo but the basket on the front of my bike was full of baguettes and I couldn't shake him off.

Comment

Victoria de Ciclismo

What do you mean by the tailoring? The cut of it is stunning. It looks fantastic. Even on me! However the quality is weird for the price. It is fine but then a seam will come loose and you have to send it back. It's happened with a few items now. To be fair they've replaced everything first time with no quibble but it does get a little annoying. The softshell is a serious piece of kit though. Look out for the sales. I bought my first (cough) one for £80 down from £200 and the second one (lightweight version, that was the justification) for £110 down from £190. Those prices compare quite well with Gore and their ilk. My kids eat ovenchips so I can dress in Rapha! ;-)

Did you see the story about the guy out for a ride in South London just before the Tour last year who bumped into the Caisse d'Épargne team coming out of their Hotel? They asked him if he knew a good 50 miler and let him tag along with Valverde et al! Fed and watered him through the ride and gave him a bunch of kit as well.

My brother is a Sky Sports cameraman and is used to the premiership's pampered princes. He couldn't believe that we got within six inches of Armstrong coming out of the doping control! He jumped in with the papparazzi and got some cracking photos.

Comment

Victoria de Ciclismo

Sixth place for David O'Loughlin in the mens' pursuit. He's a friend of my sister's, and a thoroughly nice guy. This makes him very, very likely to go to the Olympics.
        I had no idea your sister was so influential.

Comment

Victoria de Ciclismo

Heh.

Comment

Victoria de Ciclismo

What do you mean by the tailoring? The cut of it is stunning. It looks fantastic.
            I agree, it does look fantastic, but my friend said that the zip bobbled up or something and he ended up asking for his money back.
            I don't suppose they'll have that jacket for sale as they've sold out of them.
            Ho hum.

Comment

Working...
            X