Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Cricket Blog for Nerds. Help wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This summer, I'm going to start a cricket blog for nerds. It's going to be full of the most nerdy, arcane, anal, cricket geekyness the world has ever seen. The more obscure the subject matter the better.

My mate Rod is going to supply me with a series of articles including (gloriously) an article about the correct colour coding of cricket scoring sheets. I didn't know they were supposed to be colour coded, all the ones I've ever seen have been written in fading blue biro, or blunt pencil. But there you go. I've got a couple of pieces half-written about the correct soil/clay composition of cricket squares, and the Reynolds numbers of cricket balls.

It promises to be mind-crushingly tedious. I can't wait to start.

If anyone here would like help out by submitting something that would be wonderful too. You could start by helping me dream up a name for the blog.

Sticky Wicket? (Too obvious?)

The Anoraks of Summer?

Comment

Tubby Isaac's Cricket Blog

Comment

Take it from the aforementioned scoring. 'Time At Wicket', or somesuch.

Comment

Wicketpedia

Comment

Of course! genius Rogin.

Comment

Googley?

Comment

I'm in

(That's not a title suggestion by the way - though it could be I guess - but an offer to write stuff)

Comment

Hey, E10, I can't find a copy of Hazel and Ian's fanzine I was in. Do you have one?

I could update that article on the 1st round of the Nat West Trophy, to include the fact it doesn't exist any more.

Comment

Of course! genius Rogin.
                    I'll take any profits on a 25-75 basis, I only thought of the name ...!

Comment

A mate of mine has a Peugeot 1007 blog, which gets 3000 hits on a good day. And yet his Google ads advertising revenue is usually less than €1 per month.

Comment

I'd like to see something on those Toblerone shaped sponsored things that sit on the boundary rope. When did they begin (certainly within the last ten years)? What are they made of? Do they count as the boundary, or is the rope underneath still the boundary? Why are New Zealand cricket grounds so tiny?

Comment

Aren't NZ grounds small because they are converted from rugby pitches? Alternatively because it's the largets expanse of flat ground they can actually find in the country.

Comment

Working...
                          X