calzaghe hopkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calzaghe hopkins

where can i watch this on the net at 3AM?

say it ain't so Joe, but i think he had bitten off more than he can chew on this one

hope to be proved wrong

calzaghe hopkins

Nothing doing on myp2p unfortunately.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

cheers G

good build up on this, although to call newbridge 'middle class' is pushing it

http://www.hbo.com/cdn/wms/u/webcon/...hop_wm_384.wmv

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

fight network. Channel 427 at 22:30, looking forward!

weigh in. free for me

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

sorry to piss on your chips rick, but that channel is showing something called TKO MMA (which is a martial arts programme and starts at 9pm)

429 is showing the buildup and then the fight, but thats Setanta Sports 1 (which you may already have).

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

I've got a bad feeling about tonight. The Welsh sporting year is due a downturn.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

I saw the weigh in, don't have sententa or sky sports. certain it was that channel

FP - agree

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

Yeah, without wanting to fulfill any national steretypes and be too gloomy I just think that Wrexham will go down and Joe will lose.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

Calzaghe looked absolutely nuts in that weigh-in staring match.

He looks even more like Giggs now with his stubble.

If someone sees the fight anywhere on the net, can they post up the link?

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

I will be watching it at home so i can post up a second by second update.
                    Can't say that this fight excites me to be honest, an overrated fighter against a has been.

Maybe if this fight had taken place 10 years ago or even 5, then it might have been creditable.

Not only is this a massive step up in class for Joe, but the whole Vegas experience might be too much for him.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

I like the light-heavyweight division, because at 6 feet tall and around 12 stone 7, they're all built like me. In terms of overall dimensions, anyway, if not exactly the same shape, although I do have some pyjama shorts that go right up round my tummy a bit like a boxer's.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

Calzaghe over-rated? Fuck me, he has only in the last couple of years started getting the recognition he deserves.

In a world of over-rated hype(?), he is virtually shy & retiring

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

Absolutely, Bored.

I've asked for a late start tomorrow so I can listen to this. I think the big question is whether Joe can keep his speed with the extra weight. I can't see him stopping Hopkins but I can see him pissing him off enough for 12 rounds so he can nick it.

Which, given Vegas judges' reputations, means a draw is very likely.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

http://www3.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?m...90&part=sports

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

excellent rick, cheers.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

to bump this up, joe will win tonight but in my lifetime naz is still the best british boxer

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

Ok, I have got to say that I am worried by how Calzaghe looked at the weigh-in. Something has happened to his shape since he has gained the weight and he looks less powerful to me.

That and he didn't go with the "lucky" black City kit.

I see Roy Jones Jr wants to fight Calzaghe next in Cardiff, win or lose. If he wins tonight, that should be his last fight surely?

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

harry sorted us out ring side seats a few years ago against some german chimp change chump. did him in the first. still my only boxing match

even though bored is still moaning about some cigar clipper i allegedly borrowed and lost that night

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

Calzaghe really, really ought to win this and win this big. 43 is really old in boxing.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

Bored - there is no hype about Calzaghe, but just because there is no hype, does not mean he is not overrated.

On paper, a boxer with a perfect record after 44 fights, and a champion for 10 years, should be considered one of the all time greats, but the division is a joke. It's a nothing division. Who of those 44 fighters that Calzaghe has beaten is the sort of great fighter that helps elevate Calzaghe? Lacy? No - he was overrated. Just like Calzaghe, he's beaten no-one. Kessler? Not hyped, but again his being undefeated after 39 fights isn't as impressive, because there is no-one in this division. And there is no one in this division for one reason, and one reason alone.

America doesn't care about the super-middleweight division. The only reason we care on these shores is because of the Benn-Eubank-Watson triumvate of boxers who gave us those great fights in the early 90s. The last one of those fights was 15 years ago. Once Collins first cheated Eubank out of the title, then retired rather than face Calzaghe, the division was dead.

Since then, no-one has ducked Calzaghe because no-one's there, and no-one's there because no-one cares about the divison. Sure there have been good and great fighters to hold the belts, but when Hagler and Leonard were the inaugral WBO and WBC title holders, they were there to make the belts. Since only Roy Jones can be considered a great, but he had Hopkins and Toney to beat (even then, the Hopkins fight was at middleweight). Even then the Toney fight was 14 years ago. That was the last time the world cared about this division. Which is why Jones moved up two years later.

To prove that the world didn't care, Calzaghe couldn't get name recognition in the states by beating Lacey or Jimenez or a washed up Brewer. He had to do it by beating Peter Manfredo, the runner up on a reality show to find a boxer. It's a joke division, and if Calzaghe wanted to be seen as a great, he should have moved up years ago. He can beat Hopkins in a few minutes, but Hopkins is 43. In terms of legacy, it's a no-win fight for Calzaghe.

I think it will be a close fight. Hopkins still has the stamina and power, Calzaghe still has dodgy hands, and Calzaghe could have done with a fight to adjust to the new division first.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

I'm going Hopkins on points. Maybe even by split decision.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

Calzaghe down!

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

A minute into the first half, Hopkins catches Calzaghe square on the nose, and puts him down (also cuts him), a minute later another fine right hand from Hopkins. Other than that, a cagey start.

10-8 Hopkins.

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

and tom jones didnt seem to know the words to the welsh anthem

radio 5 8 secs ahead of my sopcast

think hopkins will get this

Comment

calzaghe hopkins

r2: A couple of flurrys from Calzaghe, another good right from Hopkins, and a complaint from Hopkins that Calzaghe caught him low, bringing a short timeout.

10-10

Comment

Working...
                                                  X