Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two little blokes beating each other up ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Khan against Barrera ...

Don King waving a flag around ...

Neither of these blokes would last even more than five minutes in a ring with me, frankly, (fighting at 13 stone 6) but here we go ....

I think you might be just able to take Don King, seeing as he is heading towards his 80th birthday.

If you got in a ring with either of the other two, you would be doing well to make it to the 60-second mark, after which point you would be lying on the floor with a couple of your teeth gone.

Comment

Barrera is getting a hiding. This will be over soon.

Comment

Stopped in the fifth. A fight too far for Barrera, who ended Naseem Hamed's career with a brutal battering a few years back.

Comment

I get the sense that boxing is still a big deal in the UK and Ireland. You probably know that heavyweight boxing is all but dead in the US, and the smaller classes aren't doing much better. I've never heard of any of the people named on this thread, but Don King was involved? No way he would have been near this a while back...

Comment

This was a foregone conclusion. Barrera is 35 and while he is indeed a boxing legend, he's been way past his best a good long time. Nonetheless, after Khan's one round defeat to Breidis Prescott six months ago which exposed his known deficiencies in one shock swoop, his box office aura desperately needed restoring. This was a very expedient match up. Khan beats "name" boxer, albeit a clearly shot one. I mean, it sounds like Khan fought well but if he really wanted to prove a point about how well he's come on with his new training regime, he would have had a rematch with Prescott. But this is a more expedient way of burnishing brand Khan.

Comment

Working...
            X