Cavendish at Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything better in sport than seeing the 'winner' celebrate as someone appears from nowhere to pip them at the post?

Very impressive from Cav as that was a top class field in pretty good form. Bodes well for the Giro's first week. Now they just need to find a way to get him over anything bigger than a speed bump!

I have a couple of mates who are huge fans of cycling, (as in going over to follow the Tours) and they reckon that Boonen is an arrogant prick, and it couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke.

Comment

My brother quite liked him.

As for the celebrating, riders are required to do that to show the sponsor's name to the cameramen.

Comment

Required to win first I'd have thought! They do often make a point of zipping up their shirts and pointing at the name though.

Comment

My point is that it used to be considered bad form to overtake someone as they celebrated because it was seen as damaging the future income prospects of the sport.

Comment

Ahh I see. Yes the sport's history is rooted deeply in commercial interest. Helping your regular team mate instead of your national team mate at the World Champs is a very visible example of this.

Comment

Working...
            X