West Indies v England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Indies v England

Hm, so this game looks like it is about to be called off...

Comment

West Indies v England

Stanford had to dig up the pitch to get some money to pay off disgruntled investors . . .

Comment

West Indies v England

Heh. I think Sir Viv is about to start threatening to thump people again. I would not want to be a member of the Antiguan association.

Comment

West Indies v England

Play abandoned for the day.

Comment

West Indies v England

That [Sir Viv thumping people] would at least give the punters their money's worth. If I were him, I'd insist that they take my name off the ground until they get up to test standard.

In the meantime: Drama in the press-box! Over to Gnasher ... "There's an alarm going off in the press-box but no one can turn it off because the instructions are all in Chinese! You couldn't make it up..."

Comment

West Indies v England

bloody hell

Comment

West Indies v England

Poor Shah.

Comment

West Indies v England

Tony Cozier notes that it is Friday 13.

Comment

West Indies v England

Test scrapped, and another one inserted, starting at the cobweb-strewn old Antigua recreation ground on Sunday, making this now a five-Test series, with today's farce counting as the abandoned "Second Test". Oh well, at least a whitewash is averted.

Has there ever been a weirder, livelier, England cricketing winter than this?

Comment

West Indies v England

Bizarre. I'm no expert on preparing pitches but usually the groundsman wants more than 2 days notice. The fun might not be over yet if it's an underprepared pitch.

Comment

West Indies v England

there are practice pitches there (which the teams have been using in the last few days) so it might not be too bad. the outfield is apparently a bit ropey (it's been used as a football pitch) but supposedly better than the sandpit today.

Comment

West Indies v England

The recreation ground always tended to be a batsmans paradise, i think a bit of under-preparation might help it along.

Comment

West Indies v England

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                            Bizarre. I'm no expert on preparing pitches but usually the groundsman wants more than 2 days notice. The fun might not be over yet if it's an underprepared pitch.
                            It takes 10-12 days to prepare a playable cricket track.

Comment

West Indies v England

Comment

West Indies v England

So this could be a lively game. If the pitch isn't quite right then there might be a few Windies admin people checking to see whether Colin Croft was banned for life or not. Sadly Sylvester Clarke and Malcolm Marshall have passed away.

Comment

West Indies v England

Harmison in for Sidebottom, and Swann for Panesar.

Gayle has won the toss and WIndies will bowl.

Comment

West Indies v England

Strange decision by Gayle. You'd expect a hastily-prepared surface to fall apart quite badly; not one to be batting on last.

Comment

West Indies v England

Pretty watchable days play. The fact that all 3 of Englands wickets went to poor decisions by batsmen suggest we're in for another run-glut, but there was just enough misbehaviour to think a 4th/5th day collapse might just lead to a result.

Comment

West Indies v England

Todays Sir Allen news.

Comment

West Indies v England

Talking to my chum the boy Lol earlier, he and wee Pete are heading over for the Bridgetown leg. He's confident of a win, but is slightly miffed that the Windies seem to be treating this game like a league cup tie.

Comment

West Indies v England

This is a cracking spell from Fidel Edwards so far today. Up to 92.2 mph - the ball is really jumping.

Comment

West Indies v England

KP certainly brings the best out of Jerome Taylor.

Comment

West Indies v England

No million dollar payday.

Comment

West Indies v England

Beat me by a minute, Rasko. I was just about to post the release I got from the SEC.

I hope the "Stanford Superstars" cashed their cheques and didn't put the money back in his bank.

Comment

West Indies v England

Looking very draw-like at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X