Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your imaginary sporting soundtrack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Well next up on Inside Football/Cricket, we look at the man who's been gorging on goals/wickets for Cheltenham/Gloucestershire. Here's the Tubby Isaacs story... so far!"

Cue piece of music and a montage.

I think for football I'd quite like "Life of Riley". Post-premier league, sure, but very early, and I was just happy football was on BBC again.

Cricket? Got to be the old Channel 9 music. Perhaps the punchy bits work better for sixes than wickets but you've got to understand, I'm pretty special with the ball in my imagination.

Have we done this before?

Well, if Match Of The Day was giving me a short montage appraising my tricky, elusive wing play, my own style of Yossi Benayoun/Alexander Hleb type ponciness, I'd ideally want something mindbendingly complex. preferably "Warpdrive" by DJ Crystl or "Trippin' On Broken Beats" by Omni Trio. But, given that this is likely to be shown on Soccer AM or something, I'd probably get something a bit more indie perhaps. Given my tricky feet, I'd love, say, "Step On" by Happy Mondays. That would absolutely rule.

Comment

You're right about Sky there. I'm relieved on reflection that I put something indie in there for the football.

In case you're wondering, the Channel 9 theme I mean is the one underlying this jazzed up (down?) version from 1993:

The version I'm thinking of was the one you used to get on BBC2 for highlights of ODIs Down Under in the 80s. Alan Lamb hitting 18 off the last over, and all that.

Comment

Messiaen's Louange à l'Éternité de Jésus for me. Infinitely slowly, as the composer instructs.

Comment

Jumpin' Jack Flash. So obviously perfect that it's always been easy to overlook. I'll pick Ananda Shankar's version, it suits my dazzling footwork best.

Comment

Mine would be a tale of someone who had lost their way but who had now found some kind of redemption and who was willing to spend their last years making up for lost time.

To fit this heart rending tale would be excerpts from Talk Talk's 'Spirit of Eden' with the last track playing whilst my silhoutte stands out against the sunset as I prepare for my next battle of wills.

The world of tiddlywinks would not be the same again...

Comment

Working...
            X