Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent "Not Really A Sport" Message for JV, TG...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The godlike Henry Waxman has published his congressional report into steroid use in pro wrestling.

Fascinating stuff. Some highlights here, and Stephanie McMahon dissing Hulk Hogan here.

Even better - Bob Mould used to write for WCW!

Comment

I actually knew the Husker Dude wrote the minute he got hired, but that was when WCW was a shitbag operation well on its way to allowing Kevin Nash to destroy the federation forever. I hope that bitch ends up in a wheelchair.

I know that the WWF has been suspending wrestlers for steroids (whether it's in a "shocked...SHOCKED" vein for wrestlers who were never really going anywhere to begin with is another story.)

I haven't followed anything since the incredible Jericho-Michaels match back in '03, but I've brushed up a bit as my students are still incredibly into it. I saw the Michaels-Ric Flair sendoff match from last year's Wrestlemania, and it was pretty good (although it was better in YouTube tribute videos. The "I'm sorry, I love you" was a little much in real life, but excellent with Celine Dion playing in the background.

When wrestling is bad, it stinks to high heaven in a "why the fuck am I watching this ridiculousness" kind of way. Unfortunately, when Santino is your best heel, that's the era that it's in right now.

Comment

I'm sorry, I was paying attention until you made the ridiculous claim that Chris Jericho has been in a good match, ever.

Comment

He looks daft in his new tights as well.

Comment

C'mon, that match against Michaels was tremendous, and I despise Michaels.

Comment

I always find Jericho to be one of those guys who has one good match then one bad one, but the one against Michaels was excellent.
              Oh, and I second the Michaels hate - although I'm not sure whether it's the whiny, petulant prick version or the 'born again' version that I despise more.

Comment

As a Bret Hart and Steve Austin man, I always hated the petulant version. As a heel he's real good, and his entire career should have been a highflying Ric Flair - but as we know it's the babyfaces who sell all the merchandise. I mean a babyface with a "boy toy" theme song ?Neh eh.

People who say the WM12 Ironman Match was great happen to be absolute fucking idiots. Here you have two whiny little bitches (one who is one, and one who was forced to be) who won't even take the first pinfall. So you have a match that's hyped as trying to score as many pinfalls in an hour, and there's no fucking pinfalls.

The Rock and HHH had one a few years later, and the final score was 6-5 with piledriver finishes, sleeperhold finishes...it was like a greatest hits of the past 3 decades of finishers. I guess what happened is the only idiots who were watching at that time were absolute fanatical tools, so their word packed way too much of an impact in history. The Montreal Screwjob probably didn't help matters.

I'm happy Michaels was able to come back from the back injury, even if I'm in pain watching him try to move around that ring. Haven't seen the return against HHH in the HellinaCell, or any other big match he's done since other than the Wrestlemania matches I mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                X