MLB 2008: The Year of Anti-Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried to go to the parade, and I might have seen Werth (could tell by the hair) and Victorino (by the lack of hair). It's not a good place to be if you're claustrophobic.

A woman in the mob was complaining about being pushed because she's pregnant. Good call on coming someplace where attendance could be in seven figures. And you too, people bringing very young children way too young to know what's going on and wailing in fright.

I really need to change my username to Miss Anne Thrope.

Comment

My friend (went to same high school, and worked in UCLA athletics, so knew Chase Utley better than I did), who is now living in Philadelphia, just called to let me know that Utley said "world FUCKING champions!" at the rally, and the TV censor bleeped everything he said out after he already dropped the f-bomb.

Comment

You should be proud of your homeboy for that play in the top of the 7th; it was sheer class (marred only by the idiot commentator comparing him to Jeter).

Comment

I didn't watch the game or any of the highlights--have a link?

Comment

Heliotrope wrote:
            I really need to change my username to Miss Anne Thrope.
            That's a brilliant name.

Oh, and I couldn't agree more about parents who subject their small children to such things.

Comment

CC Sabathia has filed for free agency. Gentlemen, start your checkbooks.

Comment

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/ps/y2008/index.jsp

Inca - MLB.com has all of the major plays from the game. Look up the hyperlink for "knocked in" under the celebration picture, then go from there.

Comment

Thanks, and that was a mighty good play. Another fake throw to add to World Series lore.

Comment

So much for the Cubbies' appointed saviour. The SEC has just given Selig the silver bullet he wanted (but probably didn't need) to keep Mark Cuban out of Wrigley Field.

"The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged Dallas entrepreneur Mark Cuban with insider trading for selling 600,000 shares of the stock of an Internet search engine company on the basis of material, non-public information concerning an impending stock offering.

The Commission's complaint, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, alleges that in June 2004, Mamma.com Inc. invited Cuban to participate in the stock offering after he agreed to keep the information confidential. The complaint further alleges that Cuban knew that the offering would be conducted at a discount to the prevailing market price and that it would be dilutive to existing shareholders."

Comment

Working...
                    X