MLB 2008: The Year of Anti-Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, DK, but my brother and nephews have dibs on the tickets.

Oh, and Stairs home run really was that rare moment that I haven't felt since McNabb completed the 4th and 26 against the Packers.

Comment

Gyuri wrote:
      Mickey's is exactly malt liquor for white people. At my school, it was not as common as Natty Light or Old Milwaukee, but among my friend's, it was definitely popular. The typical night out started with a 40 oz. of some malt liquor and then Mickey's until it was time to stop.
      I've never seen any guys drink Mickey's--just really skeevy girls that wanted to get fucked up quickly.

Comment

Inca,

At my college (and hometown) that's what Cisco was for. Though grain alcohol trashcan punch was also pretty popular.

Comment

What the hell's Cisco?

Comment

I thought you went somewhere posh and Eastern where the students occasionally take a break from their pursuit of truth and excllence by putting on their smoking jackets and sipping brandy, or are you telling me that the brochures lie?

Comment

Inca,

Cisco is a fortified wine, but we called it liquid crack.

Reed,

The brochures lie, sort of, if only because we instead of brandy, we drank cheap beer, malt liquor and fortified wine whilst in our smoking jackets. Or, as the case may be, whilst not in our smoking jackets.

Comment

At Brown university, the nakedness is "more of an experiment in social interaction than a sexual experience".
                Why do Ivy League students feel the need to come up with a pseudo-scientific explanation for their shenanigans? It's an experiment, eh? What's the hypothesis to be tested? What is the control? What are the end points? What's your conclusion?

To each there own, I suppose, but I'd want no part of that. I find the sight of other men's gear to be repulsive.

Comment

Very few people want a part of it, Reed. Generally, the people that go to the naked parties aren't among the most attractive at Brown. Plus, I'd imagine it's a very awkward social setting.

Comment

Is Cisco the same thing as Mad Dog?

Comment

Not exactly. Cisco has the consistency of NyQuil, and, now that I think about it, very similar effects.

Comment

I don't recall anybody drinking NyQuil recreationally, but Robotussin was a popular drug-of abuse among some people at my college. They were jagoffs.

Comment

Yeah, Robotussin seemed to be the drink of choice for ex-prep school kids, who, 9 times out of 10, were people I had no interested in associating with.

Comment

Shhh, quiet everybody. I want to hear the wailing, screams, and the gnashing of teeth of Red Sux Nation.

Congrats to the Phils. The one Philly team I've always had time for. From the NLCS against the Astros, when as a 7-year-old I listened to at every kiosk in Quakerbridge Mall, to hanging on every pitch that Mitch Williams threw along with just about every New Yorker that as pulling for the Phillies that World Series, they've always been alright.

Comment

There will be no wails, screams or gnashing of teeth. Just silent disgust.

Comment

That's fine, too. Thanks !

Comment

Hey, at least you had last year, when everyone was cheering for them against those nuts who ran the Rockies.

I'm going to the Frankinton Fair near Bogolusa tomorrow. I'll dedicate an alligator sausage to last year's team. It was a horrible dilemma: I wanted to see the Phils play the Sox, as I love when two of my more hated cities play each other (call it growing up with the NFC East.) However, I am afraid the Sox would've won that. But, we all missed the spectacle of Red Sawx Nation up against the Philly Phans. But, Tampa Bay vs Phillies is incredibly eclectic, if not prestigious and old school.

Comment

I'm over it already, but I'm jealous about the sausage. The tiny little airport in Franklinton is where I was given my flight test. Flying solo from BTR to there over nothing but swamps and bayous was...interesting. And a bit scary.

Comment

No wailing or gnashing of teeth yet (I hope I didn't just jinx the Sox). This has been an amazing game so far.

Comment

Nope, no jinx.

Comment

WHAT ? THE SAWX WON ? I WENT TO BED WHEN IT WAS 5-0 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Where's the Darth Vader drawing from the comic?

Comment

I'm reading today that some fans left the game before the comeback. WHAAAT? This wasn't a Dodger home game, so clearly the writers must be mistaken.

Comment

Oh yeah.

7-0 Rays? No Problem.
                                                8-7 Sox?

Comment

fuck, fuck, fuckety-fuck. It goes to a Game 7, although at least I get to see that one live on TV. Unforunately, I really cant see the Rays winning this.

Comment

Vampire. Zombie. Cockroaches.

An entire nation. Of. Vampire. Zombie. Cockroaches.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X