X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Femme Folle
    replied
    MLB 2008: The Year of Anti-Boston

The match-up was very serendipitous for the Yankees, don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• jefe
    replied

Andy fucking Petitte was set up to be knocked out and we kept pissing away chances to do so until he figured it out. I would have loved nothing more than to ruin that game for the evil bastards.

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied

The Babe's daughter is a Red Sox fan.

hahahahahahahahahaha!

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied

Little article in the NYT mentioned yesterday that any proposals to have Yankee Stadium considered a historic landmark never made it past the screening process because Steinbrenner's renovations were so thorough, the NYC commission basically considered what remained to have been nothing resembling the original structure.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Goodbye Yankee Stadium. I wish we had met.

Leave a comment:

• jason voorhees
    replied

I don't know where Houston came from but I know where they're going. North.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied

I've been hesitating to mention the Jays surge since the all-star break as I'll surely hex them. But surprise, surprise Cito's* turned them into a ball club! Won eleven of their last twelve and not against doormats either. Now they're only six and a half behind Boston. Probably run out of games but they're making it interesting.

* Two World Series rings and not a single job offer before this. WTF?! Baseball front offices are full of idiots.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

I was at the Black Cat game.

It still hurts.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied

They pointed out the anniversary of the black cat running in front of Ran Santo on PTI this week.

I can't believe that Houston is making a push for the NL wild card. Where the hell did they come from?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

I care.

If the NLCS is between the Dodgers and the Mets, I need to bathe before every inning.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied

Another Manny update:

14 homers and 40 RBIs in 38 games with the Dodgers. If he played a full season at that pace, it would be 60 home runs and 170 RBI.

Dodgers 3 1/2 games up on the D-Backs.

I don't want to say what I'm thinking in fears of jinxing it, but what I'm thinking would sure be awesome, even if the rest of the country wouldn't care.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied

Candid words from Rockies manager Clint Hurdle:

Long before Clint Hurdle was a manager, he was a fan with irrational beliefs and knee-jerk responses to every game. Still is, when a Detroit hockey or football team is involved. It was in this context that he made a surprising admission last Saturday.

"I just hate the Dodgers. I love to see them lose," Hurdle said. "It's nothing personal with anyone there. You know how some people love the Yankees? I choose to hate the Dodgers."
    It's nice when players and coaches say something that makes them seem like regular fans.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

Just saw Jefe's message.

Not sure my Port au Prince contacts are working this time year, but will see if I can get some dolls for you to bring along.

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied

I would just like to congratulate and say thank you (or thankyou) to the Yankees for beating the Rays. Please do it again tonight.

Leave a comment:

• jefe
    replied

Ursus, I'll be attending Phillies@Mets in 2 Saturdays. Is there anything you wish me to throw?

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied

Don't watch it unless you have some Prozac on hand. The Yankees bullpen needs CPR--and fast.

I guess the problem wasn't Joe Torre after all, eh Hank?

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

I Yankees v RedSux game on tape, but I shudder to watch it, after an 11-3 rout for the Sox.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

Crap. The Phillies steal one from the forces of darkness and then give it back the next night.

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied

Ha! The Angles. I'm leaving it.

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied

Do you mean the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?

I'm not sure I understand your question. If I say that the Angles are American League and the Dodgers are National, will you say, "Duh, I knew that, what I'm asking is..."?

Leave a comment:

• jason voorhees
    replied

How-the-fuck-are-Los-Angeles-playing-in-the-American-League?

And-what-happened-to-the-California-Angels,and-the-Anaheim-Angels-for-that-matter?

(Im-happy-that-the-Dodgers-and-Angels-arent-cashing-in-on-the-coincidence-that-Crips-and-Bloods-wear-blue-and-red-as-well.)

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied

The Yankees have some real lard-asses on their pitching staff. They must sit in the clubhouse eating donuts when they're not pitching.

Yeah, Sidney Ponson, I'm looking at you. And you too, Chris Britton.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

This season has been a bit of a bust for the Yankees. Injuries and lack of confidence has buggered them up.

Personally, the season has been great. The live Sunday games have been generally excellent, with the Phillies Dodgers on Sunday, especially good.

I can see a Cubs v White Sox World Series... with Ken Griffey hitting the winning home run.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied

I sold the Rays short in my post on page 5.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

LOVE the two posts on the top of page 5. Talk about precognition!

Girardi to lose his job the day after post season begins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X