Black socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black socks

Why are the Baa-Baas wearing the same coloured socks?

And does anyone really believe that this game is to celebrate 100 years since Australia beat GB in the 1908 Olympics?

Black socks

They were Cornwall socks. In 1908 Britain were represented at the Olympics by the Cornish county team. Apparently. Not really sure why the BOA is leaping on the back of this; maybe they think no-one's heard that London's got the Olympics in three and a bit years' time.

But bloody hell, the touring sides v the Baa-Baas used to be one of the highlights of the Rugby calendar, not stuck away on a Wednesday night at a half-empty Wembley. I didn't even know this game was being played.

Comment

Black socks

Excellent win for Quins in a completely full Stade de France defaced with pink goalposts by the Stade Francais marketing gurus.

One of the better club matches I've seen recently.

Comment

Black socks

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
        They were Cornwall socks. In 1908 Britain were represented at the Olympics by the Cornish county team. Apparently. Not really sure why the BOA is leaping on the back of this; maybe they think no-one's heard that London's got the Olympics in three and a bit years' time.

But bloody hell, the touring sides v the Baa-Baas used to be one of the highlights of the Rugby calendar, not stuck away on a Wednesday night at a half-empty Wembley. I didn't even know this game was being played.
        48,000+ is a pretty big crowd for Barbarians v Oz, isn't it? It's the venue and scheduling that's wrong, not the fixture.

Comment

Working...
        X