De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

If you don't know how to pronounce 'paquiao', then yeah.

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

Yes, well it's their job to find out the correct pronunciation. Ask a Filipino person. If they don't have one working with them, go out for some Filipino food and ask at the restaurant. That way, they'll get the correct information, and they can have some lumpia. And having lumpia is always a bonus.

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

From what I've heard, it looks like Floyd Mayweather will come out of 'retirement' to fight Pacquaio. So Hatton might have to wait a bit and fight the winner.

Check out this quote from Audley Harrison's website:

"Some people in life are 'susceptible to the negative influences of other people' and adjust their behavior to fit in and be accepted. Giving up on dreams or aspirations, because some donkey told them they can't do it.
        I will never give up until that belt is around my waist!”

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

Oh yeah, I meant to say - did you see the state of Ricky Hatton? He's obviously put on about three stone already having been on a fortnight-long piss-up with the Gallaghers. Bad move Ricky.

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

Well i got that one wrong.
            paquiao was very impressive hitting and moving for the first six rounds before turning up the heat and letting his punches fly in 7 and 8.

I am glad they stopped the fight then as only pride was keeping de la hoya on his feet.
            If this guy fishts Hatton, he will bury him in 3 rounds.

Audley is an idiot, a real egotistical fool who cannot fight. And i speak as someone who used to know him well.

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

Are/were you a mate of Audley's, TG?

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

TG - who do you think would win out of Floyd Mayweather and Pacquaio?

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

Not really a mate.
                  We went to the same college about 15 or so years ago (College of N/E London).

We played for the same team for a season, he was a decent centre-half in the Martin Keown mould. He is always someone who fancied himself a bit and had a lot of what we called in the hood "big man talk" but could never back it up when push came to shove.
                  I remeber a particular game against a college down by Hainult when our left-back had his nose broken by a headbut. Cue 21 man brawl with Audley being the 22nd man sitting it out despite him telling us about how tough he was and the scraps he had on the streets of Hackney.
                  His problem is that he has been able for most of his life to get away with alot due to his size. When you are that big, nobody is going to want to fight you and he had a successful amateur career basically keeping opponents away with his long limbs jabbing away for three rounds.
                  His pro career has shown up the incredible laziness i saw in his character as a footballer. He is incredibly lazy and arrogant, two things that you don't need when you become a pro boxer.

But yeah, he cannot fight and for someone so large, is a budgie heart.

There is more, but i cannot be bothered to type it out.

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

"...he cannot fight and for someone so large, is a budgie heart."

Nail on the head there, TG. That stuff about the football team is very insightful.

What about Mayweather v. Pac-Man? Mayweather too good or Pac-Man too fast?

Comment

De La Hoya vs. Pacquaio

Oh, then there is the incident when i went to Bel Air nightclub(next to the old hackney dog track) circa 96 and Audley working on the door pretended he did not know me.

Then he turned up at a club i was working at around 98 (not long after winning the commonwealth title) with a couple of floosies (admittedly very pretty) expecting the red carpet treatment. Unsurprisingly, i didn't let him in. t the time he was working at Cafe de Paris on the door at Leicester Sq and would regularly be a cunt to people who he knew back in the day.

As for Pac-man v Mayweather, it will not happen, Mayweather seems pretty determined to go out on the top and one of his favourite quotes was (I am going to retire from boxing, i aint going to let boxing retire me). Two years ago he would have comfortably beaten Pac-man on points. Mayweather is quicker and stronger than Pac-Man and has a formiddable defence and would move and jab booringly to a points descision or knock him out in the 10th like he has done in most of his other fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X