Just say no to steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just say no to steroids

Tammy Thomas, US Olympic cyclist under investigation for performance-enhancing drug use:

Just say no to steroids

No longer under investigation, but determined to be guilty, and recently found guilty of both perjury and obstruction of justice in related criminal proceedings.

She also changed her look a bit after being banned from cycling:

LA Times story here.

Comment

Just say no to steroids

She was caught shaving her face, apparently. Tom Humphries had a column about it the other week.

Humphries' column today is, for the 864th time, about the under-age camogie team that his daughter plays for. Jesus wept . . .

Comment

Just say no to steroids

That presents the interesting (to me) question of whether the similar obsession of Sports Illustrated's leading NFL correspondent Peter King with his daughter's field hockey team was influenced by (or rather influenced) Humphries.

Comment

Just say no to steroids

Quite possibly. Humphries is obsessed with American sports and the whole culture around them. The other day he was banging on about Len Bias and the Boston Celtics. Mildly interesting, but most readers would have given up on it after about three paragraphs.

Comment

Just say no to steroids

Humphries seems to spend a lot of time reading American sportswriters. I'm sure I've read something by him admiring the American sportswriter tradition and aspiring to it.

Comment

Working...
            X