Sport-music crossovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport-music crossovers

I think I've found the worst ever. This seems to be dead serious, and may have been the inspiration for the Anfield Rap- which at least is joky. They fall into the trap of giving every player his own verse, forgetting that American football teams have about 75 people in.

The LA Raiders, 1986. Beware the silver, beware the black, we never retreat, we always attack.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-eEF8zplJY8&feature=related

Sport-music crossovers

You've only scratched the surface here.

Comment

Sport-music crossovers

Dodgers sing "We Are the Champions" on Solid Gold.

Comment

Sport-music crossovers

"We wear", rather than "beware", I think.

I remember the song well. Who Dares Wins did a parody of it, but I can't find it.

Comment

Sport-music crossovers

My mate has just sent me The Baseball Project. I'm playing it as I type. It's actually not bad, so far. Jangly guitars and stuff. Ooh, and it's just gone a bit Glitter Band - great chorus, too: "Te-e-ed fucking Will-iams..."

My mate loves it: "The Baseball Project is very good. There are times when it dissolves into Eagles-type slush, but it generally manages to avoid saccharine sentiment, and the broad range of topics is great, from Mark McGwire's steroid use all the way back to Big Ed Delahanty falling off a bridge."

Comment

Sport-music crossovers

That Who Dares Wins parody went something like "We're the New York really vicious Bastards" or something.

For some reason I've got in mind the Yorkshire team of the 60s doing a rap.

My name is Illy
            And I field at silly
            But I field harder off my own bowling (allegedly)

Except Close fielded at silly, obviously.

Comment

Working...
            X