• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spain's Reign Has Become Quite Plain

European Football Champions.

World Basketball Champions.

Davis Cup Winners.

Home nation of the winner of the Giro d'Italia, Tour de France and Vuelta d'Espana.

It's a very impressive run, particularly given that none of the clubs were clear favourites for any of these titles (nor was Contador in Italy).

They also have the world number 1 in (men's) tennis, who wasn't even playing in this weekend's Davis Cup final.

Comment

I look forward to their rise up the [urlhttp://www.icc-europe.org/DATABASE/ARTICLES/articles/000044/004460.shtml]European cricket rankings.[/url]

Comment

A casual observation - the Spanish seem to have much more of a public exercise culture than any other country in Europe. I noticd this a couple of years ago when we were wandering around Valencia and noting that the old riverbed/moat was not so much a large urban park as it was a large urban jogging trail.

Are they Europe's Australia in terms of physical culture?

Comment

Not in Aragon they're not.

Comment

If World number 2 (and, in Tiger's absence, de facto best player swinging a club on the planet at this moment) Sergio Garcia could have been bothered to get off his arse and partner Jiminez this weekend, they'd have won the Golf World Cup by a canter this weekend, too.

Actually Jiminez and Larrazabal aren't doing too badly without him, anyway.

Comment

Remind me, who won the last two majors?

Comment

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                Not in Aragon they're not.
                Or in Asturias, where smoking and kebab-guzzling are on the up. I run, and people call me un freaki. I hope it's because of the running.

Comment

Art jogging, yesterday.

Comment

I can't see that (perhaps luckily). Was I looking good?

Comment

I can't see it in work (luckily). It's just a picture of a guy dressed up in drag for the women's mini marathon. It seemed a good idea at the time.

Comment

I always figured Ant to be more like the guy below, though with less of the "generic insect" vibe.

From a recent Bay to Breakers 12km race in San Francisco:

Comment

I do applaud the man's style, but in fact my approach to running is somewhat more practical and direct: the beer and women get involved afterwards or before, not during.

Comment

Working...
                          X