X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jason voorhees
    replied
    Andrzej "andrieu" Golota: We salute you

I salute him as the GOOFIEST fighter of all time.

I never liked Lennox Lewis too much, until he pasted this lowblow goof and in the post match interview in his posh accent going on to say "I ahm cleening op the riff-rhaff of this dehvision." That's what he was: Riff-Raff.

Then the night Tyson beat him, when he went down like Van Der Sar against Ariel Ortega, somehow I had a unsavory roomate in my house who somehow invited all of the unsavoriest characters in town in my house. When Tyson hit him, seeing everyone jump out of their chairs at once was one of the funnier shits I've ever seen.

After that I was scared, especially when some of them were saying how they wanted to steal my wrestling figures right to my face. I didn't have the Golota-targets to say that it was my house.

Leave a comment:

• wingco
    replied

Ah but back then you had Holyfield, Bowe, Tyson, Lewis. Foreman won in 1995 via a freakish route when, at 45, he beat the weak-minded Michael Moore who had grabbed the (WBA?) title, from an out of sorts Holyfield. That was the extent of his "dominance".

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied

Osensibly, it was a bicep injury but he didn't seem awfully keen.

I don't remember him throwing more than one or two punches. as for this fight being a reflection of how parlous the heavyweight division is, what about george foreman?

Leave a comment:

• wingco
    replied

It was against Ray Austin. Osensibly, it was a bicep injury but he didn't seem awfully keen. Strange fighter, really. Those two identical defeats against Bowe, then considered at the top of his game, whom he beat up and then got disqualified for low blows, were extraordinary. It did make you wonder just how good Bowe was and if he would have done any better against Lewis (had he not ducked him) than he did in the 1988 Olympics when LL TKOd him.

The fact that Golota at 40 is able to compete for any sort of World Heavyweight Championship just shows how parlous that division is. Austin didn't exactly look artful, Golota just wasn't up to dodging, that's all.

If you're a big guy, there is easier, better money in other sports nowadays, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Andrzej "andrieu" Golota: We salute you

my flatmate Kryz and I took a break from cleaning the flat to watch the er WBC world heavyweight championship match between Andrzej "Andrieu" Golota and some other guy live from china.

Now some of you may remember the might pole from such great boxing matches as vs Lewis Vs Bowe I The unbelievable rematch and his unbelievable bravery against mike tyson

But this fight was different to a lot of the others (actually it was a lot like the tyson fight) andrez "Andrieu" Took to the ring and walked around a lot, as this much younger, much faster, much fitter black boxer (Whose name escapes me) just leathered the shite out of him without response. Golota just stood there and took a pasting. The ref lloked like he should have stopped the game for several counts but just stopped to have a chat with the mighty pole.

Then at the start of the second Round golota had an epiphany, like against mike tyson. He had a sudden moment of clarity that went something along the lines of "Hold on, I'm in a boxing ring, and this big black lad is beating the shite out of me. Run away, run away." so basically he surrendered.

At the age of 40 it looks like this could be his final ever boxing match. humiliation in chengdu, what a horrible way to go.

Andrezj "Andrieu" Golota We salute you.

Working...
X