The Official OTF 2009 London Marathon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, six months to go, so who's in it?

I am.

I'm not, but I'm paying serious thought to doing the Taunton half-marathon.

Which given my hatred of running and my current borderline obesity will require some discipline and exercise from now til April if I'm to do it.

As ever though... the diet and training start tomorrow.

Comment

I ran my first 5k race yesterday- figure I'll be ready for the Philadelphia marathon in 2011..

Comment

I gave some thought to doing the Great North Run at some point, I think I could just about manage a half-marathon with a couple of months decent training on top of what I already do each week. A full 26 miles though? Doubtful.

Comment

My mate Roger is running the New York next Sunday.
          It'll be his 5th marathon. Freak.

Comment

I think more or less anybody can do a half marathon, and just entering for one should be motivation enough for the requisite training. The weight should start falling off, if need be, between the actual miles and hours pounding the streets and the shitting yourself while contemplating a physical effort of that magnitude.

A 5k is a great start, next time we hope to hear about your satisfaction at completing your first 10k, Kev.

Comment

Ant, excersise does not make you lose weight according to some web studies sworn to by some on here.

I am not doing any proper running for a bit longer, but i am going Miami for new Year and I need to get the beach bod back so i have started going for 5 mile jogs on altternate days.
              Running further than that makes my legs too skinny.

Comment

I was knocked back, so will be doing a drinks station at 23 miles

probably enter paris

Comment

Tactical Genius wrote:
                  Ant, excersise does not make you lose weight according to some web studies sworn to by some on here.
                  No, true - I've always found that sitting on your arse tends to have those pounds just falling off you. I bet those studies were done by fat people.

Actually, a) I was counting on you and Rick for an OTF-a-thon at the FLM, and b) in my humble experiencet sensible eating and drinking combined with sustained exercise does make you lose weight where needed.

Anyway, I'm not too happy about buying Nike products, but yesterday I saw that my local Carrefour were selling Air Pegasus+ 2007 for 30€. They're not particularly exciting and I normally use New Balance, but for 30€...I took them for a test run this morning over 13km and was very happy with them. I may even go back on Monday and get a second pair.

Comment

our 'mutual mate' from hull uni is doing it ant

Comment

Quality. Nnnnnngh!

Comment

Ah, went back to Carrefour this morning and found that they only had size 15(!) left. I thought about getting some extra-thick socks and buying them anyway, but no.

Comment

Working...
                        X