Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a future for test cricket?

Tactical Genius wrote:
    All this "i'm not fussed" stuff is the players bellyaching cos Sanford exposed their wives as money grabbing whores skinning teet and flirting with the billionaire.

there is $1 million per man riding on this, of course they are bothered.
    Come on, stop sitting on the fence and say what you really think.

As for the (rapidly approaching) £1m a man; who are going to be the first dressing-room slotters and slottees when those that were "in" make an unfortunate comment to those that were "out" in the Test / ODI dressing room?

And at which ground?

Comment

Well, who else is watching this? Bloodsport for All!

What does the man of the match get? £2 million? Or is there just a pummeling ceremony laid on for whoever costs his side the game?

Comment

link here
        http://www.justin.tv/richiweb

Comment

I'm watching on justin.tv as well. Not a bad start, powell bowled one from about 2 metres short of the crease!

Comment

not so good now

well, I am supporting the SS or whatever they are called

england lose two wickets in an over

Comment

Are you normally not an England fan?

Comment

not that bothered being a welshie.

pieterson out

Comment

Bring back Crofty!

Not looking good for England. I wonder what the relative sum would be for me, what percentage this is of the England teams normal earnings...

I'm guessing it could work out around as around £5k to the likes of Flintoff and Pietersen compared to the national average wage.

Some of the guys it would really mean alot to, Swann, Patel for example won't be on much yet I wouldn't think.

Comment

It looks like the pressure of the cash is getting to England. Their shot selection is just pre-meditated dross.

Mind you the Superstars are bowling extremely tightly. It looks like the extra spinner may not be required.

Comment

I'm guessing it could work out around as around £5k to the likes of Flintoff and Pietersen compared to the national average wage.
                      pretty much the reason for my stance

Comment

You should get your wish from here! England capitulating, the faces of Harmison and Pietersen on the bench are about as glum as you get.

54/6 after 12 overs.

What's the lowest 20/20 score in international games?

Comment

Possibly Australia's 79 v England at the Rose Bowl in 2005.

Comment

Well England are currently 72-8, they're gonna be close to that lowest score. Absolutely bottled it.

Comment

extras are englands second highest scorer

Comment

That was surprisingly satisfying.

Comment

Even as an England fan, by the end I didn't begrudge the defeat. The thought of a bunch of really well paid players spoiling the chance of a mostly (but by no means entirely) far worse paid group of cricketers securing their financial future would have been ungratifying.

On a purely cricketing note, I thought the referral system worked swiftly and well on LBWs in particular and could well be worth picking up for all ODIs for more testing.

Comment

barndoorio wrote:
                                    On a purely cricketing note, I thought the referral system worked swiftly and well on LBWs in particular and could well be worth picking up for all ODIs for more testing
                                    Agreed. Koerzen, Taufel and co. handled it well.

England might have won had it been two overs per side...

Comment

I'm glad we lost. Whether this influences the chances of this feudal overlord being told to fuck off out of cricket is harder to gauge.

In other, more interesting, news, Anil Kumble has retired from international cricket.

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote:
                                        I'm glad we lost. Whether this influences the chances of this feudal overlord being told to fuck off out of cricket is harder to gauge.

In other, more interesting, news, Anil Kumble has retired from international cricket
                                        Do you think Stanford will fuck off from West Indies cricket, either by his own choice or someone else's? Two billionaires from America and Ireland* using it for their wider commercial interests isn't edifying, but where else will the cash come from? Modi and the BCCI? I think not.

Hail Kumble. Be interesting to see who else follows him at the end of this series.

* Denis O'Brien, owner of WI main sponsor Digicel.

Comment

Watched this on that Freeview channel where you get the TMS commentary and a scorecard. It sounded hilarious.

Comment

It was. Basically, England couldn't seem to hit straight down the ground so relied on impro shots on the leg side: result, both openers bowled through huge gaps then most of the others scooping rather than slogging to mid wioket.

Gayle and Fletcher had no such problems.

Comment

Stanford won't leave Antigua because he needs the legal and tax protection his presence there assures (see, e.g., Robert Vesco in Costa Rica (without suggesting that Stanford is either a crook or a Nixonite, though it is of course possible that he is both.)

I don't like the guy, but he is providing resources that could prove to be very handy if cricket administrators in the Windies use them wisely (which would of course be out of character).

And as much as it brings back joyful memories to see a Windies team humilate England, it also pains me to see them playing in a colour other than burgundy.

Comment

Do you have a problem with white? (Joke)

Comment

Given how the test side has been doing lately, yes.

(Joke)

Comment

That should be pink anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X