Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBA 2008-09: Mamba's Revenge

Hell no, Detroit invented that shit.

Granted, it added something to the mystique of the "Detroit Bad Boys" (the nickname of those Pistons teams,) but that city burned.

'Knuckleheads' is an interesting term in America. I'm trying to think of an equivalent in England, but can't right now. It's like a good-hearted, non-malevolent, naughty, shit-for-brains. Most often, it's a term of endearment.

Comment

"Plonker," perhaps.

Comment

Plonkers.

What a wonderful word to end this thread on.

"The Lakers Won ? Plonkers."

Comment

I look at this photo, and even I hate Kobe:

Comment

PPPLLLOOONNNKKEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

Comment

Parade/rally is today. They changed the route from how it went in the past--starting at City Hall and ending at Staples Center--to starting at Staples Center and ending at the Coliseum for a rally. I don't like this new route, so I decided not to go. The Coliseum is already full for the noon rally--95,000 people. There were fans waiting as early as last night. Still, LA--really bad fans, right?

I say I don't like this new route, but the sight of 95,000 Laker fans in the Coliseum is going to be amazing. Better than standing in front of Staples (which I did in 2001).

edit: wow, they built a court in the Coliseum for the rally.

Comment

"Plonker," apparently, "is a slang term of British or Australian origin whose meaning has evolved over time. Partridge in the third edition of his A Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English in 1949 recorded the term as 'low' slang for penis, 'since ca. 1917.' The term remains in recent use with that meaning."

Shows you what I know, Jason.

Comment

Working...
                X