A Sunday in Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Sunday in Hell

For me this is when the cycling season really gets going. Only a few weeks before the Giro, but this is a big cycling month.
    Prediction - Nothing original but Cancellara.

A Sunday in Hell

Quick Step were very impressive yesterday but I'm going for Phillipe Gilbert if I can't have Fab. Would love to see big Maggie in the final shake up again though.

Has Cooke made a mistake going to a new British team? She was isolated in the final shake up yesterday unlike her rivals and had to try and ride off the front. Maybe she's hoping her name (and the guaranteed entry that ensures) will give them some experience and strengthen her hand in Beijing. Interesting if that is the case.

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

That's what the articles I've read seem to suggest. Cooke wants to try and form a team who will help her come the Olympics rather than having to rely on the good will of team mates from other countries who will obviously have their own orders.

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

Great win for a seriously underrated rider.

I can't see past Cancellara, but if I have to go with somebody else, I'll pick Alessandro ballan. He crashed yesterday, but has excellent form. Hincapie looks in good shape.

I think Cooke should go well in the Olympics - between this team and what other Brits are doing in their own right, I think they'll be a much more formidable squad than in previous years. Tanja Slater won a World Cup event a couple of weeks ago too...

That said, I'm predicting right now that Marianne Vos will beat her.

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

Freire wins Gand-Wevelgem. So his form is good, but I just don't see him in the mix at Roubaix. Fellow Rabobank Spaniard and perennial OTF fave Juan Antonio Flecha might be worth a look, though, he's always strong there, and made the podium at Flanders.

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

Of course. Flecha would be a great result.

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

DIstraught! Set my DVD player to record the race only to get home and discover that it hasn't worked. Buggertwat!

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

11.30 tonight I think. Also the last couple of yearshere has been an ITV4 prog a week or so after with ligget and sherwin. I think it must be because it's an ASO event and they do the tour.

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

Andrew Fenn winning the junior version (and four other brits in the top 22) is quite promising!

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

Did you watch the main race? We were in transit for most of it, and I'm still not sure how Ballan and Cancellara allowed Boonen to be around in the end (to the extent they could prevent that from happening).

Comment

A Sunday in Hell

Ballan was hanging on by the time the three of them made the decisive break. Fab tried a few times but Boonen knew he didn't need to get away and just sat on his wheel. Two of the four behind were O'Grady and Devolder so they knew they weren't getting caught from there. As ever they all looked absolutely creamed at the end (which is why it's great that they have to lift that bloody great chunk of pave as a trophy!).

Comment

Working...
                      X