India v Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India v Australia

A good partnership between Clarke and Haddin. Very few loose balls, which they had to defend or hit over the top.

Sharma looks a good bowler. Only 20 and he's already got Ponting out 5 times.

Comment

India v Australia

NZ need 172 to beat Bdesh with 8 wickets standing.

Comment

India v Australia

Brad's Haddit on the 6th ball of the day standing still to one coming back in and losing all his stumps.

India have 2 hours to wrap this up before I go to bed, four more wickets needed. Cameron White and Clarke need a mere 373 to win!

Comment

India v Australia

and within 2 overs White has gone, standing in some concrete apparently he chases the superb (this morning at least) Khan wide and is caught by Dhoni.

I'm sure the ball moved in both directions on the previous delivery.

Comment

India v Australia

hahaha!
            Lee bowled first ball.

Comment

India v Australia

Australia manage to last almost perfectly to the end of my shift with a 50 run partnership, before quickly losing Johnson and Clarke to lose the match by a monumental 320 runs.

How I'll love it if something similair happens next summer at the Oval and Ponting has to give up the Ashes. I'd pop with happiness.

Comment

India v Australia

Australia always do this. They lose a big series just before facing South Africa, and then they bounce back and anally rape the seemingly confident Proteas with a waratah.

Comment

India v Australia

Fuck it. NZ won by 3 wickets. I suppose any team with Oram coming in at 8 (in the second innings) has got a chance of chasing a big score down.

Shame though.

Comment

India v Australia

Has anyone seen the Gambhir/Watson incident?

Comment

India v Australia

This one?

Comment

India v Australia

Is that it? At 1:52?

That's an "elbow" that merits missing a test??

Comment

India v Australia

Mitchell Johnson's bowling some good hostile stuff there.

Comment

India v Australia

This one looks like it's building to an exciting last day. India collapse from 116-0 to 166-6. Now have just gone on to 200-6 with a couple of hours left, and a lead of 286.

(Though apparently there is much confusion since Australia are seeimngly bowling to try and get the over rate up rather than attempting to get India out)

Comment

India v Australia

I'm loving Krezja's bowling figures for this match - 12 for 368 at around four or five an over.

Comment

India v Australia

Extraordinary, but surely a clear sign that the Australian attack has been very poor (until Watson stirred from his sleep and chipped in with a few wickets).

369 runs needed at four an over on a pitch that looks quite hostile. Could be fun.

Comment

India v Australia

I wonder if anyone's ever simultaneously taken 12 wickets in a Test and worsened their average at the same time.

The Aussies miss Stuart Clark a lot, by the looks.

Comment

India v Australia

The natives are very restless over Ponting's decision. ABC radio commentators yesterday were fuming about him putting his own interests ahead of the team.

By the same token the Indian tactics of eight on the offside caused considerable comment as well.

Test cricket is on its way out in India, judging by the crowds.

Comment

India v Australia

Oh dear, 5 wickets down with 59 overs remaining.

I know SA will get thumped in Australia, but I take solace from the fact that our guys managed to draw in India, not get hammered.

Comment

India v Australia

And as I clicked to post, another one fell.

Comment

India v Australia

And only one more to go.

Comment

India v Australia

And gone.

When last did Australia lose a test series 2-0?

Comment

India v Australia

All over. India win by 173

Comment

India v Australia

My heart is saddened by this terrible loss.

Comment

India v Australia

This is Australia's worst loss since 88-89, when the Windies beat them 3-1 Down Under.

Nice touch by Dhoni, allowing Ganguly to captain after the ninth wicket had fallen.

Comment

India v Australia

Great line from the SMH:

"It must be some measure of the catastrophic decline in Australian cricket that there are blokes in the squad these days who have not even published an autobiography, let alone a barbecue cookbook."
                                                    John Huxley, writing in the Sydney Morning Herald, bemoans the loss of star quality among his nation's representatives.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X