India v Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India v Australia

Sounds like a good days fun, the delight of a duck for Hayden then dissapointment at a Ponting hundred, for such a cock he's annoyingly good.

He does keep getting out to that master of winding people up Harbajhan though, so that's some consolation.

India fighting back well at the end of the day, and you can't help but feel that a team with Cameron White at 6 as a spin option as well isn't as strong as Australia have ever been.
    If he gets goign wtih the bat he can be awesome, but I feel he's an ODI/20/20 player really.

Prepare for a double hundred tomorrow then!

India v Australia

I had incredibly high hopes upon waking up to hear that Hayden went out to the 3rd ball, but they didn't last very long.

Comment

India v Australia

White's down to bat at 8, though 6-8 are pretty interchangeable- like the Warwickshire one day team of the mid 90s.

His bowling doesn't look anything like good enough. Things are pretty bad if they can't find some latter day Trevor Hohns.

Comment

India v Australia

Cricinfo have him at 6, but they're virtually the same player the next two anyway White and Watson.

My hopes are rising ever so slightly despite Australias results not seeming significantly worse of late. But Haddin, White, Watson, Johnson seems a significant drop in quality to 2006.

Comment

India v Australia

Haddin's OK from what I've seen, albeit a fall from Gilchrist. But I agree- this looks like an ODI team, with Katich.

I quite admire them for sticking to their guns with Symonds.

Comment

India v Australia

Just seen the wickets on Sky Sports News, Mr Ponting had the chance to make a great moral point and walk when Kumble caught him. After the reason bickering about people claiming catches falsely, he stood his ground and was given not out off what looked like (but wasn't) a bump ball caught and bowled.

I reckon Ponting would have known it was't a bump ball as well, it would have felt very dead contact in his hands hitting it the way he did.

Comment

India v Australia

Yeah he was completely out, and looked it before they started showing replays.

Australia's batting still looks pretty damn good to me; the bowling's slightly weaker but I suspect that the recent reportage of their demise will prove to be exaggerated.

Comment

India v Australia

Hayden on the other hand wasn't out. Aus 430 all out.

This is a good pitch for them with cracks in it already. Brett Lee has just bowled what would have been a wonderful first over of fast late swing, except that it was to a left hander. I expect them to get 3 before the close.

Comment

India v Australia

the 3rd batsman? 3 wickets? 3 runs?

Cameron White confirms all that was suspected of him with a very daft shot to get out, chasing a slow wide one.

I should love him as he did some great things for Somerset in his time here, but he just doesn't have the patience or technique for Test Matches. Perhaps an English Blackwell if you like. Except he actually did knuckle down at the end of the 4 day county stuff this year.

Comment

India v Australia

3 wickets.

Sharma looked a good bowler. It was a nice slower ball that got White.

Ponting will be hoping he doesn't have to bowl White too much.

Comment

India v Australia

Sharma definitely a really good bowler, but White won't (or shouldn't) think it was the ball alone that got him.

What shot was he hoping to play?

Comment

India v Australia

Good ball to White, let's say.

Is he a shithot fielder? Maybe Pietersen can reuse his gibe against Symonds.

Comment

India v Australia

I don't think many people with a nickname of 'The Bear' are going to be all that agile.

To be honest though I've never noticed him being either good or bad. Probably a bit like a KP type of fielder himself.

I can't imagine he'll walk past KP and his sparkling one liners next year though.

Comment

India v Australia

So Australia in a bit of bother - absolute pearler from Zaheer Khan to get rid of Hayden early on.

Anyway, the Tendulkar milestone: is he better than Lara, or not? I think he is, just. Even if he's often been helped by having one of the modern era's great middle-order line-ups around him.

Comment

India v Australia

Yes, nice to see another duck for Hayden.

This is certainly one of those times I'd love to have Sky.

Comment

India v Australia

Never mind this game. Check out Bangladesh v NZ

The Desh already won an ODI, stopping NZ from being able to take second place in the rankings.

Comment

India v Australia

I'd go for Lara, just. Such a tough call, but this series clinches it for Brian: http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1998-99/AUS_IN_WI/STATS/AUS_IN_WI_FEB-APR1999_TEST_AVS.html

Comment

India v Australia

Spin is of course the difference between these sides, which is why India will win the series. Cameron White gets too chest on, so he'll never spin the leg-break very far. Amrit Mishra on the other hand, is the real deal.

Comment

India v Australia

I love waking up and discovering that Hayden got a duck.

Tonight I'm going to watch the first few hours of the match as I'm on night shift, and have a crack at the 5th day potentially as well... It's 3 years and a monthish since I saw Australia lose a test.

Comment

India v Australia

India tucking into White, 14 runs off the first 5 balls of the over and Gambhir has just sent a six into a moat.

Comment

India v Australia

White looks deeply average.

126 scored before lunch, just 34 of which were from boundaries. The Indians played tip-and-run and ran the Aussie's ragged. The Aussies started to look very average in the field, Ponting let it get to him and things got fractious for a while. I think Shane Warne is right, Ponting is prone to panic.

Comment

India v Australia

In the final moments of the Indian innings Sourav Ganguly develops a mystery 'elbow injury' that ensures that he doesn't have to field for the Aussie innings.

He's incorrigible.

Comment

India v Australia

Australia race to 49 in 7 overs, and then Singh comes on and takes both openers in his first over to leave them 50/2 at tea. Excellent stuff.

Comment

India v Australia

Singh again! 52/3

Comment

India v Australia

And Ponting goes too - 49/0 to 52/4. Are you England in disguise?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X