I take it the OTF cycling contingent are hung over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how else to explain the lack of thread on Britain's first world road race champion since 1982?

She is the graeatest in the world at the moment. Welsh, mind you.

Comment

Never mind hungover, they've obviously all got a lifetime OTF-EPO ban or summat:

Vuelta completes Contador's set of grand tours;

Armstrong returns

World Championships

ALL ignored by the otf peloton.

It's enough to drive one to a cycling messageboard, gadzooks.

Comment

We covered Armstrong.

Contador was bloody impressive, particularly that day on the Anglirú. I mean, he's just out of this world, perhaps the best we've ever seen. But there's now got to be a serious chance Astana and Bruyneel will lose him over this Armstrong stunt, particularly as he's already had to miss the TDF once. Which would, obviously, be A Good Thing. I would have posted something, but

Nicole Cooke is, well, Nicole Cooke. Bloody brilliant, though I still think Marianne Vos is much better. Or would be, if she stuck to one discipline.

Great win for Allessandro Ballan in the men's. A superbly classy rider, it's completely deserved. Hard to see how you beat the Italians when they ride that cleverly, though - you can't mark Ballan, Cunego (2nd) and Rebellin (4th), particularly when Bettini is clearly the team leader.

The other story, sadly, is Frank Scleck's apparent €7,000 payment to Eufemanio Fuentes in 2006

Comment

I can't find the Armstrong discussion...?

Comment

Predictably titled...

I think there was another one, too.

Comment

Thanks, Toro.

It was nice to see Bettini going out in character, punching the air etc even tho' he was too well marked to really have a chance himself.

Last of Zabel, too.

Comment

In today's Parisien, a French doping expert expresses his fear that Armstrong will parlay his expert knowledge of the rules and the current conflict between WADA and the UCI to win Le Tour through better chemistry.

En francais.

Comment

There has been a bit of a whiff around the Schlecks for a while now. Their Dad was stopped during the tour and while sad, I'm not hugely surprised.
                  Nicole Cooke was brilliant - has a sports person ever looked so chuffed?
                  As for Armstrong, I hope AC goes and joins another team (hopefully not Caisse d'Epargne) and gives Lance a hiding he'll never forget. AC at Columbia would be good. but unlikely.

It has been quiet. I was away in August and this month has been my first in my new job. SO I haven't had a great deal of time.

Btw Ballan was almost unstoppable, as Toro said.

Comment

And you've been busy gloating about Swansea-Cardiff

Comment

Ah come on, I've been remarkably restrained all things considered. Also getting thumped 4-0 a few days later took the wind out of my sails.

Looks like Lance might be denied a golden ticket back in. I hope he does come back, because I want to see him beaten.

Comment

Ah Ricco only gets two years and Lance refuses to play ball. Another good day for cycling.

Comment

Why would Ricco get more than two years?

One thing I forgot to mention at the time, or since, about the Vuelta - Nicolas Roche! Thirteenth! Fuckin' A!

His cousin's probably even better. And Phillip Deignan's nearly as good. The great days might be on their way back...

Comment

Well that's the standard amount but I just think that these people should be treated in a harsher way. Life bans?

Comment

Working...
                            X