Friday night is rugby night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quins RL fans, I meant. Us 'umble Northern folk know not of these Tubes of which they speak. Whiny lot, they are; always whinging about how 'difficult' it is to get to The Stoop, and seemingly cannot ever be arsed going to away games.

I'm not surprised you see RL shirts for Quins' Union games ... you like rugby and live in London, what the hell else can you do in winter?

Comment

Eggchaser wrote:
      others think that club rugby in HQ
      DING!

Comment

I fail to see the ding possibilties of calling Twickenham by its main nickname amongst the English (and many other) fans. At least it's not "The House of Pain".

We absolutely thrashed Ulster, by the way. 42-21. Prison style man-shaming.

Comment

Harri Saer wrote:
          This seems as good a place as any to put this ;

Prick. I can only hope that this is an indication of how he's going to handle the rest of his career.

Comment

This seems like the right place to put it.

Why can't more co-commentators be as outspoken (and right) as Brian Moore?

I'm not just talking rugby here either. What I would give for a football match to be commentated on by someone like Brian Moore.

Comment

Ricky Lenin wrote:
              What I would give for a football match to be commentated on by someone like Brian Moore.
              What about Brian Moore?

Comment

Wyatt Earp wrote:
                Ricky Lenin wrote:
                What I would give for a football match to be commentated on by someone like Brian Moore.
                What about Brian Moore?
                It is an inescapable fact that Brian Moore was a Cunt Beyond, when he was hooking for The Oppressors. However, since he quit, he has metamorphosed into the most intelligent sports co-commentator I've ever seen. Now I love him to bits, and he's worth ten thousand Mark Lawrensons. Moore knows what he's talking about, and, more importantly, can communicate it. He's bloody great.

Comment

He's a worse cunt now than ever before. He's like Jeremy Clarkson shorn of charm, wit, and hair.

The Stoop is lovely, I went on the piss there with my cousins after the Heineken Cup semi.

Comment

This thread is now the official repository for all Cipriani-related bullshit & hype.

The latest example being the cover of Rugby World which has a preview of the Lions shirt for next year with "See what Cipriani and co will be wearing" as the caption.

Er yeah, he's the first name on anyone's Lions squad right now, isn't he?

Comment

I certainly think his should be the first name on the England team-sheet. I think Rugby can only profit by placing as much responsibility as possible on the broad and handsome shoulders of Rugby's Answer To David Beckham. A level-headed young man like that will only respond positively to knowing that he carries the hopes not only of his team, but of his nation, and England's results must surely respond accordingly.

Comment

So did anyone watch the second episode of the Harlequins/Stade Francais encounter? Amazing drama - one of the most intense and exciting finishes to a rugby match I've seen in a long time.

16-17 down, then 29 phases from Harlequins and Nick Evans drop-kicks a winner deep, deep in to injury time.

It's not looking too good for Stade to claim one of the two runner-up spots, either.

Comment

Cardiff win at Gloucester to reach the quarter-finals of the Heineken Cup. No Welsh team has reached the final of this since the "old" Cardiff were in the final of the very first edition, which didn't feature any English clubs. But the Cardiff Blues are now the only unbeaten side in this year's competition, and having beaten both Gloucester and Biarritz home and away, are beginning to look like a solid bet to end that jinx, aren't they? It would surely be good for the competition if someone else could join Munster in challenging the English and French duopoly.

Comment

Brilliant performance from Cardiff today, with 14 men from 30 minutes in as well.

They'll still find some way to screw it up (especially if the home quarter final is to the Ospreys) but they have been fantastic in the competition this season.

Llanelli beating Stade was much needed to, though it looked like another small crowd.

Comment

I for one would like to thank the plucky Scarlets for their beating of the Stade Francais glamour boys, thus allowing the mighty Quins to qualify by default. I would now be grateful if they would roll over quietly this weekend to allow us to remember what winning is like.

Comment

I see one of England's prop forwards has become a coke fiend.

Comment

The Moral Animal wrote:
                                  So did anyone watch the second episode of the Harlequins/Stade Francais encounter? Amazing drama - one of the most intense and exciting finishes to a rugby match I've seen in a long time.

16-17 down, then 29 phases from Harlequins and Nick Evans drop-kicks a winner deep, deep in to injury time.

It's not looking too good for Stade to claim one of the two runner-up spots, either.
                                  I watched it live, and froze my arse off in Twickenham. Terrible match until the last 10 minutes when we woke up and started playing.

Comment

Where've you been?

Comment

Filling in as "Most left wing liberal bleeding heart ponce" on Planet Rugby's message board (it's very good on actual rugby, though).

Comment

Working...
                                      X